IGNORED

Side scan users in the ocean ???

I used it for bottom fishing and trolling stripers. When you trolled you could see fish stacked up to port or starboard so when you went back you made adjustment to your spread and was able to put it right in the zone. Did very well with stripers this way. For bottom fishing you were able to work the edges of structure better. It has its limitations as far as the depth from my experience. 

Edited by Rjtfd

I have a simrad g09 with the total 3in1 on my 16ft durnautic  ive tried useing it a few times and honestly i have a hard time figuring it out  i never see any structure unless i have the settings all wrong .

A ok full circle unit cost between 30-65k a good full circle unit installed will set you back over 100k. But it’s all about what you can afford it’s nice to have almost 1000 ft radius knowing the direction the fish are swimming and there speed. Like I said very expensive but guys are buying them

59 minutes ago, smittty said:

A ok full circle unit cost between 30-65k a good full circle unit installed will set you back over 100k. But it’s all about what you can afford it’s nice to have almost 1000 ft radius knowing the direction the fish are swimming and there speed. Like I said very expensive but guys are buying them

Wow!! 1000’ radius?? 

Actually I don’t think I should have used the word radius it would be 500 feet radius which is still high tech. Say if you trolling tuna and you see them coming 400 feet behind or in front of you but 400 to your port you can turn on on them where without it you would never know they were there.  it’s a game changer if you’re fishing for a living 

15 minutes ago, smittty said:

Actually I don’t think I should have used the word radius it would be 500 feet radius which is still high tech. Say if you trolling tuna and you see them coming 400 feet behind or in front of you but 400 to your port you can turn on on them where without it you would never know they were there.  it’s a game changer if you’re fishing for a living 

Simrad forward scan is now 4 to 5 X your max depth  nominal and up to 8X times in deeper conditions .

360 scan is still cone limited , so some guys are putting a FS on the front and one , port and starboard to get a bigger range .

live scan is an unreal tool 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

11 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Simrad forward scan is now 4 to 5 X your max depth  nominal and up to 8X times in deeper conditions .

360 scan is still cone limited , so some guys are putting a FS on the front and one , port and starboard to get a bigger range .

live scan is an unreal tool 

Kids got scanners on the birds that pick up transmitters on the doors and net with that it shows the angle and pitch of the doors how much wire it’s ahead of doors and how much wire behind the door also how much spread in the net how high it’s fishing and there’s another sensor in the net that tell you how much fish is in it so you know when to haul.  Today’s technology is out of site

1 hour ago, NJNewbie said:

the 360 scan your talking about, is it the same as an omni sonar? 

Omni sonar is very expensive and a lot of the tournament boats are installing them if they don’t already have it. 
The original  poster was talking about side scan and that is not the same.