IGNORED

OTC Turkey Permits, When Do They Go On Sale?

BHC

2 hours ago, FDhunt1213 said:

They don’t really ever sell out do they ? 

9 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

‘while you wait in line someone else, can purchase it on the computer 

Several years ago, a buddy of mine and I decided to plan to hunt together. So we agreed to buy the same zone/period permit OTC. I told him to do it on the computer because they sell out within minutes and he might not get one if he's waiting in line.

The morning of - what does he tell me? He's waiting in line at a local shop. :banghead:  10am rolls around, I buy my permit online. As I watch the permit count quickly go down, I text him, "You better hurry up, they are going fast." He's like 4th in line. At like 10:05am, I watch the final permit get sold, the count goes to 0, and he's still in line. He texts me back a few minutes later, "They were all sold out." :bonk:

I hunted solo that year. :tooth:

I guess I’m guna have to buy that 2nd lottery kerkuffled permit and spend a few days in 4 C….but isn’t that GG country??!!  I don’t stand a chance!!  Lol. I will bring some fishing gear to ease the pain!!  Beautiful time of year anyways to spend in the woods of Taylor ham country…maybe even find a morel!!  Drop a dime if you got any leads. 

6 hours ago, FDhunt1213 said:

They don’t really ever sell out do they ? 

That depends on the Zone and where the Highest Turkey Populations are. And also if that Zone is near Pennsylvania.  I believe  PA has a even later opening day this Spring. 

Kind of Funny when you look at the Zone Map on page 51 of the Regs Guide-- The Highest Turkey Populations are at the extreme Bottom- Zones 20,21, + 22.  While the Lowest Turkey Populations are at the very Top of the Map- 5,6,7, + possibly 10.

Unfortunately, I hunt the Turkey Ghost Woods at the Top of the Map- lol. 

I wish,I owned 400+ Acres down in Zone 20.:-(

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

On 3/6/2024 at 1:45 PM, Bonefreak said:

Awarded permits need to be purchased by 3/20

i just tried to buy my awarded permit….14 A…..I inadvertently messed up on my second lottery application and put in 4 C instead of 14 C…..now it’s says I have buy both 14 A and 4 C…..I can’t opt out of buying the 4 C….WTF….anyone ever deal w this??

It is a no win situation, I had it happen a few years back and called FW and was told buy both or loose both.

Edited by bushden
GRAMMER

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

3 hours ago, bushden said:

It is a no win situation, I had it happen a few years back and call and it it buy both or loose both.

Yeah, they make it pretty clear in the announcements and digest about this - I bet it happens to a lot of folks and that's why they put it in there. @Bonefreak you're pretty much SOL.. you need to buy both (or none at all - and still lose your $4 lottery payment, too :))

page 50:

image.png.71576834137ccc28a8d07fedc1be364f.png

page 51:

image.png.c0ebdb2b6f0c1154a3e2446ad8ab0153.png

4 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Yeah, they make it pretty clear in the announcements and digest about this - I bet it happens to a lot of folks and that's why they put it in there. @Bonefreak you're pretty much SOL.. you need to buy both (or none at all - and still lose your $4 lottery payment, too :))

page 50:

image.png.71576834137ccc28a8d07fedc1be364f.png

page 51:

image.png.c0ebdb2b6f0c1154a3e2446ad8ab0153.png

Ugh. Retired life has affected my Attention to Detail Core Value!!  Lol. I am usually spot on w this crap!!