IGNORED

1/3 check in.

14 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

Like shooting fish in barrel.  just stating a fact, not really hunting in the true sense of the word.

I will guarantee you I can bring you to spots close to houses that tge deer are much harder to get in range

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Why take a 50 yard shot? Came in on a string usually means inside 20yrds

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Why take a 50 yard shot? Came in on a string usually means inside 20yrds

Well when he was 130 yards out and closed 80 yards in a minute or two I would say he came in pretty hard, I double lunged a bit high, where I was he got to the point where he was looking for that grunt and wasn’t coming closer, had a leaning shot with no obstruction 

8 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I will guarantee you I can bring you to spots close to houses that tge deer are much harder to get in range

All you have to do is dress up like the landscapers:rofl:

10 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I agree. I’ll bow hunt my house sometimes. I’m just under 7 acres and I am touched by 4 other neighbors on my side of the road. 3 of them are about 7 acres and one is over 100. Across the road is more land. My house sits in the middle of my property. Some deer don’t care about people. Others as soon as you open a door or window they are out of there in a second.  And bucks don’t even come by besides the rut. If you’re the only one hunting it’s easier to pattern deer. I know some of my neighbors hunt so it’s tough to say which deer travel where and when. All depends whose land is producing what food and when during the year. 

Edited by mike033089

19 hours ago, smittty said:

I’m getting ready to go out now. I’ve been seeing a lot of deer just nothing with anuff age all dinks and plenty of doe”s. I’ve been out of venison since the beginning of the season. I keep saying I’m gonna kill a doe but I don’t  and don’t ask me why 

Same reason I’m not. Just don’t feel like doing the work after the shot right now.

i find myself just enjoying the time in the tree , and watching everything walk through . Nothing wrong with enjoying the show.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

31 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

I agree. I’ll bow hunt my house sometimes. I’m just under 7 acres and I am touched by 4 other neighbors on my side of the road. 3 of them are about 7 acres and one is over 100. Across the road is more land. My house sits in the middle of my property. Some deer don’t care about people. Others as soon as you open a door or window they are out of there in a second.  And bucks don’t even come by besides the rut. If you’re the only one hunting it’s easier to pattern deer. I know some of my neighbors hunt so it’s tough to say which deer travel where and when. All depends whose land is producing what food and when during the year. 

I’m basically hunting an exact scenario.  It’s amazing when you are clean cut and humble the permission you can get by using some simple tactics. I have 3 spots that I monitor with cameras and the nice families let me park in their driveway to access very difficult public land.  Over the past 20 years I have made cold calls to ranchers in 6 different western states and gotten permission usually for a small fee, and some for free.  This is Elk, Mule Deer, and Antelope Country.  Half of the hunt in my mind is finding a spot nobody else can get too 

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Same reason I’m not. Just don’t feel like doing the work after the shot right now.

i find myself just enjoying the time in the tree , and watching everything walk through . Nothing wrong with enjoying the show.

I wanna keep trying to fill my buck tag. Maybe that kid of mine will come home with all this weather coming then he can put two in the freezer while I keep buck hunting. You 🤔 think. Naaaay. Doubtful 

Plus I’m too fat to bend over to dress the deer out I have to kneel on the ground and get dirty. There was a time I could do it without getting a drop of mud or blood on me   Now forget it