IGNORED

Greenwood wma

Codaboy

59 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

Make sure you have you safety glasses on when hunting wma. An old guy shot another hunter this morning. If the guy was facing the other direction he would have taken it in the eyes. He was close enough that it knocked him off his feet. Be safe guys.  

Not good, makes us all look like a bunch of yahoos to the antis, hope the guy is o.k.

7 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

Quail stocked of public land is not a good combination

Sorry but this mentality punishes all for the actions of a few..  I enjoy watching my dog work quail and pheasant and dint want to pay n arm n a leg at a club or game farm..  40 bucks is a steal last year we took 103 birds over my dog between 4 and 5 guys.

Just now, JD48 said:

I've been hunting 60 plus years, had pellets rain down on me, but never a direct hit, hate to say it but if me or my got dog shot, I think my first reaction would be is to shoot back, just saying.

Coming down is one thing direct is a whole northern ball game.  I've been shot while turkey hunting and shot at bird hunting at 80 plus yrds..  we try to stay away from crowds but at least once a year have a run in with a jack ass..  weather it's shooting at us or shooting birds on the ground near the dogs.  I've lost my shit at both but I have also used it as a positive ie if I think someone will try shooting on ground telling them to wait I will let them shoot the flushed bird.

3 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Coming down is one thing direct is a whole northern ball game.  I've been shot while turkey hunting and shot at bird hunting at 80 plus yrds..  we try to stay away from crowds but at least once a year have a run in with a jack ass..  weather it's shooting at us or shooting birds on the ground near the dogs.  I've lost my shit at both but I have also used it as a positive ie if I think someone will try shooting on ground telling them to wait I will let them shoot the flushed bird.

I shoot very few birds each year, go mostly non- stocking days, as you get older you have less patience for, bullshit, dangerous people and jerk-a- moes , just want a safe day out in the woods.

16 minutes ago, JD48 said:

I shoot very few birds each year, go mostly non- stocking days, as you get older you have less patience for, bullshit, dangerous people and jerk-a- moes , just want a safe day out in the woods.

I fill the same way you do .it crazy what people will do for a bird . Yes  40 dollars is cheap but not worth  taken a life if you shoot my dog or me. I will be going to preserve.