IGNORED

are you getting ready for bear

10deer

16 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Illegal. Someone learned that the hard way charging  boys in PA.They come to New Jersey from all along the eastern coast states.DIY WMA.I've seen them at the check station.$2 for a permit,$$$$$ for the motel.

How so? Just like signing a lease to a property to hunt deer for a season. Just that it would be a one week lease for bear. 

9 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

How so? Just like signing a lease to a property to hunt deer for a season. Just that it would be a one week lease for bear. 

Is a lease even necessary. I never hunted bear but I would assume a wma may be the best bet.  ProvTe property depending on size could limit bears coming to neighbor bait piles. Bear were off limits on WMA for a couple years I would think they would be overrun with bears.  Especially ones surrounded by homes like black river. 

23 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

Is a lease even necessary. I never hunted bear but I would assume a wma may be the best bet.  ProvTe property depending on size could limit bears coming to neighbor bait piles. Bear were off limits on WMA for a couple years I would think they would be overrun with bears.  Especially ones surrounded by homes like black river. 

You are likely right. But I can shoot a bear everyday off my deck if I wanted. That’s no bait. If I baited I would have more of these giant black a$$holes then you could ever imagine. 

20 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Nope. I’d rather have others pay me to shoot them 😂 

No joke, I knew a couple kids posted in a local circular, treasure hunt, asking for available properties to bear hunt and they would pay, they were successful!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Merkel said:

I’ve seen bears walking past my stands on all the properties I hunt.  Bought a permit on the chance one shows up in season.  Don’t plan on baiting or doing anything special. 

No law against hanging pork roll or ,Taylor ham from the tree to make a samich just need to heat it up once in awhile

31dzOY7Qw4L._AC_.jpg

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Over the years I had friends and family from south jersey or out of state come stay or come hunt with me during bear season.  I set up the stands piles and cameras 

was for in like kind trades   South jersey ducks fluke or stripers 

Ny had access to their ground

i took a business associate to nj.  He took me to pa 

it’s not always money but favors 

I did know one guy that was really into running the piles.  He learned from his early 20s years when he worked for a camp in maine

He had 7 stands set on 6 private. properties that were all active. 

He took contacts or friends of friends etc and set u up , then if u got one he wood get it out for u.  I was understood u gave him a tip for his trouble.  And more tip if he got it out for u