IGNORED

Arrows Do Strange Things

archer36

There has been some great posts about BH's lately. I have stated that BH's/arrows can do some strange things when passing through a live animal. For fun, lets guess where this arrow exited based on the shot angle (you can see it's going left to right). 

Is the exit going to be further forward, backward, same, downward, upward or otherwise? 

Feel free to ask any additional questions. 

I'll post exit hole after replies slow down. 

Edited by archer36

Looks to me like a good shot .Right in crease behind right shoulder just below center line angled slightly forward. May come out behind left shoulder or hit shoulder and not come out . Animal that size though who knows really the exit .  Plus shooting from ground level . Dead animal I think . 

33 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Looks to me like a good shot .Right in crease behind right shoulder just below center line angled slightly forward. May come out behind left shoulder or hit shoulder and not come out . Animal that size though who knows really the exit .  Plus shooting from ground level . Dead animal I think . 

It was a complete pass thru. Here is the arrow.

IMG_20220101_080215_Bokeh.jpg

Edited by archer36

Maybe there needs to be some incentive to answer? OK, I'll give a free pack of Broadheads to the person guessing right! If more than one person guesses right then I will pick out of a hat. 

Only one answer per person. 

Fixed or mechanical. Your choice! :up:

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, electricstart said:

For African game it is a bit back.  African gam vitals are further foward and a ph will tell you aim for shoulder.  His shot seems perfect to us as we are used to white tails and elk.  In reality he was in liver maybe a bit of gut.

To answer the question the animal kicked hard so my guess is either exited same spot other side or slightly  further back.  My guess even though pass through it was stuck up to fetching until the animal knocked it out.  Did u find arrow down trail a bit

Edited by vdep217

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

For African game it is a bit back.  African gam vitals are further foward and a ph will tell you aim for shoulder.  His shot seems perfect to us as we are used to white tails and elk.  In reality he was in liver maybe a bit of gut.

To answer the question the animal kicked hard so my guess is either exited same spot other side or slightly  further back.  My guess even though pass through it was stuck up to fetching until the animal knocked it out.  Did u find arrow down trail a bit

The arrow skidded about 50 yds on the hard flat ground before it came to a rest. 

We were in a Pit Blind so the trajectory was slightly upward. That accounted for the length of travel I guess. 

Edited by archer36