IGNORED

Snare card

Check the ALS license system under your account. You may be able to print one out from there. If not call NJ Fish and Wildlife Education section, they should be able to help

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

4 hours ago, Mixbaghunter said:

I been thinking of doing a little trapping but not sure if I know were I put my snare card. I think last time I typed to get it from  f&w they sent my trappers  ed card . Can I go to pequest and get a new one didn't see one on line. 

Bro that thing stays with the FID card.  I never wanna lose that thing. Even though it's probably easy to get a replacement lol.

4 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

X2! I keep mine with my Birth Certificate, F.I.D. Card, and Social Security Card!

In my head I'd be making that phone call to the instructors of the class and I don't want the shame of telling them I was irresponsible with the card they gave me! 

49 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

I have moved and haven't trapped in year but I get you point

when you find or get a new copy, makes copies of it. i made 5 copies of mine and then laminated them. i keep one in my truck. one in my hunting license. one in my bag i use for trapping. and one in each of my safes.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to necro post, but DEP just offered a snare class in March.  I normally just trap with coon cuffs and conibears.  Never use snares but figured this could be interesting.  Problem is, I don't have my snare card.  At least I don't think I do. The only thing I have is that business card sized yellow trappers Ed completion course thing with the hole punch in it.  Is that it?  What does the snare card look like?

1 hour ago, Mark432 said:

Sorry to necro post, but DEP just offered a snare class in March.  I normally just trap with coon cuffs and conibears.  Never use snares but figured this could be interesting.  Problem is, I don't have my snare card.  At least I don't think I do. The only thing I have is that business card sized yellow trappers Ed completion course thing with the hole punch in it.  Is that it?  What does the snare card look like?

What you are referring to is your proof of Trapper Education, that's not the snare card. This is what it looks like 

20220218_173949.thumb.jpg.29a8696a442a28db92d39cb3c15bdec8.jpg

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

• 3 weeks later...

In the License System under your profile there are two different documents for trapping. One is the Trapper Education, the other is the Snare Certification. Look yours up and see if it is there. I would call a CO and find that out directly from them as they are the ones enforcing. "Supposedly" ain't good enough  

Edited by Bucndoe

1 hour ago, Mark432 said:

Supposedly the trappers Ed card is now considered your snare card.

I was wondering what you all are talking about :) I took the trapper's ed course two or three years ago and I didn't get anything other than the trapper's ed card. I wasn't given anything called a "snare certification." and nothing was ever mentioned about needing a second card. In my profile, all it shows is "Trapper Education". 

And I was able to purchase a trappers license that first year. Sounds like a "snare certification" was some older thing they got rid of.

Fair enough.  I poked around on the licensing site and found two listing for trapping, but the only difference in the document number is that one has a dash and one doesn't.  I'm almost positive that I never got a separate snare card at my trappers Ed, but good advice about calling a CO. 

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer from the state on anything trapping related??? If I was the tinfoil hat sort, I'd be rattling off conspiracies left and right!

Call 609-292-2965 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Mondays through Fridays and ask them to send you a duplicate. You can't print one out from the ALS. Unless the document is one and the same which they should be able to tell you as well