IGNORED

10-19 Check In

Greybeard

Sat in Z50 in stand thst I haven’t touched yet. Had a big doe at about 7:30 walk from field into thick in front about 40 yards. 8:40 had a pretty good buck magically appear from behind me (creek) right under my stand. Never seen or heard him until he must have caught my scent from my sticks cause as soon as he came up bank he jumped and walked off in a hurry. I blew it! Than had a fawn at 30 yards at 10:30 but wind was swirling at that point and she didn’t like what was around. 
Nice crisp morning cause I needed to throw my jacket on by 9. Long sleeve t shirt wasn’t cutting it. 

4 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Stick with it GB. Bound to be a bruiser cross your path today. My second year hunter thought I was coming back to where I set her up yesterday afternoon but realized it was a doe and buck. They hung out for a few hours 50-60 yds out. She had other deer come and go several times while watching the buck and doe. With a couple minutes of legal time left she a big body buck walk out but she could not get a clear look through crossbow scope so did not take shot. Waited for me to walk in with a light to push the deer away so she could climb down. So deer definitely moving last few days.

That was a bruiser this morning.  Probably a 150" class and may have been my new best.  His calling cards are all over that hill.  

3 hours ago, Michael Britt said:

Since you love to ground hunt is it a good rule to never turn around?

Absolutely.  But, I was 10' up in a ladder stand I chose to put up in a beech tree last week because there were no good hiding spots there.  Wanted to take a good look around after the doe left to make sure nothing else was behind her.  Not sure if he caught me turning my head or was just spooked by her reactions.  He kept looking back my way and I thought he was going to come my way a couple times but he walked off

Hit a different farm tonight and had heavy movement but no rutting activity, saw two nice young 8's ,a six, four spikes and a big bodied 4x1 that I could of spit on along with plenty of does. A car in front me waffled a deer on the highway on my way home, there were car parts flying all over, I saw him coming but it was to late for the guy in front of me 

21buck.jpeg.a44c05d6d3e79b1acf22964166b729e8.jpeg

Edited by bucky