IGNORED

Goodbye my friend...you didn't deserve this...

Swamp_Yankee

Thanks all for your comments.  As they say, time heals, and it does get better.  It's a weird mix of emotions because I'm so glad I still have my younger dog, Major, but at the same time I almost feel guilty for feeling that way.  Mornings are tough because they bring back all of the memories from that last morning I spent with Hank before he trotted off toward the fields...  I still instinctively reach for two bowls, still want to grab a second scoop of food.  Major just goes out and sticks close (I watch from the porch the whole time now) and comes right back.  They would always feed off of each other, chasing each other, etc...so unless he chases a deer, etc...he seems less inclined to go running off.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

2 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Thanks all for your comments.  As they say, time heals, and it does get better.  It's a weird mix of emotions because I'm so glad I still have my younger dog, Major, but at the same time I almost feel guilty for feeling that way.  Mornings are tough because they bring back all of the memories from that last morning I spent with Hank before he trotted off toward the fields...  I still instinctively reach for two bowls, still want to grab a second scoop of food.  Major just goes out and sticks close (I watch from the porch the whole time now) and comes right back.  They would always feed off of each other, chasing each other, etc...so unless he chases a deer, etc...he seems less inclined to go running off.  

Invisible fence is a great tool .

dogs like to chase , so boundary trained dogs can and will go outside that training .

very few dogs will go past the invisible fence . (Even at a low setting ) 

it’s not cheap. Running the wire around a big piece of property but it lasts many years .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

20 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Reading this post, brings back that horrible feeling and a tear, even though it's been 20+ years since I had that experience.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:46 PM, Swamp_Yankee said:

Today (the day before my birthday) I used my new tractor to bury my best friend in the world, Hank

Very sorry, man. It really stinks. They are never with us long enough.

Don't blame yourself. Stuff happens. It is very obvious to me that Hank was way lucky to have someone you. He had a happy life.

About 14 years ago I bought a GSP pup, and took her to Split Rock Reservoir near me. In front of me, she unknowingly, and happily, ran off the edge of a boulder rockface, and fell to her death. I felt so terrible, too ... but, things happen when we're trying to do good.

Jim