IGNORED

Which one to join

james7

Just curious who’s members of what, I’m a member of a few different bigger private organizations but interested in something more involved specifically to New Jersey. Want to get more involved in the process to get our bear hunt back and protect our hunting and trapping rights. I think the big four are New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen, United Bowhunters of NJ, sportsman alliance nj, NJOA 

… if I’m missing any let me know and any opinions on any of them would be great. I’m sure there are somE guys in here involved in some of the groups so any info would be great.. thank you and good luck out there guys 

NJSFSC provides supplemental hunting insurance which is required if you do some managed hunts.  It's an overall good deal.

UBNJ does a lot of activities and are active in promoting bowhunting in the state.  They've done a lot to advance opportunities for hunters.

NJOA is also very active in Trenton and does a lot of advocacy work.

I think I am a member of all three.  Can never have enough organizations fighting for our rights in NJ.  I try to support as many as I can.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

21 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

NJSFSC provides supplemental hunting insurance which is required if you do some managed hunts.  It's an overall good deal.

UBNJ does a lot of activities and are active in promoting bowhunting in the state.  They've done a lot to advance opportunities for hunters.

NJOA is also very active in Trenton and does a lot of advocacy work.

I think I am a member of all three.  Can never have enough organizations fighting for our rights in NJ.  I try to support as many as I can.

What HH said ^^^^^

I like how NJSFSC has monthly meetings in each county and usually a representative from NJ Fish and Wildlife attends and topics discussed can be brought directly back to the Division by the rep for follow-up.