IGNORED

Roof And Gutter Heating Cables

Bucndoe

Does anyone use the cables that heat your gutters and roof to help avoid ice dams ? Looking for some input to see if they help. One thing I can say is that I ain't climbing up there to install them myself. Thanks in advance.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

32 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Absolutely! I use them at my shop and my house. You can buy pre-made kits or by the cable, splices, ends etc if you need custom. The latter will cost you more of course.

Ok thanks. Follow up question is do roofers install them or do general contractors do the job ?

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

17 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

You can do it yourself or hire a Electrical Contractor. If you need to put receptacles in to power them, there are codes that must be followed.

Ok, thanks. I ain’t climbing up there. True stand with a harness, no problem. Up on my roof without one, no effin way.