IGNORED

1/7 ✔ in

Greybeard

38 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Doe thats  been a loud mouth started tonight stomping think she seen the kid i had in my tree I was about 100 yrds from him when she left she stopped in  a clear lane in front of me at 125 yrds

20210107_170227.jpg

Great job Vito!

David

6 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Good luck to anybody out on this beautiful cold and windy afternoon. Hope it gets something moving with a rack. First time in this new hide

1610052095565510687640052182831.thumb.jpg.c52830f865857fdd086348fc493c1755.jpg

Man, you set the coolest natural blinds. I love when you post pics of the neat spots you squeeze yourself into. Do you build them throughout the properties you hunt pre season? Or do you set them as you find new ground and spots? So cool, can’t wait to see you drop a big one!

Edited by WVAhunter08

9 hours ago, WVAhunter08 said:

Man, you set the coolest natural blinds. I love when you post pics of the neat spots you squeeze yourself into. Do you build them throughout the properties you hunt pre season? Or do you set them as you find new ground and spots? So cool, can’t wait to see you drop a big one!

I'll set a few when preseason scouting, refurbish old ones, and make new ones when I find a good place during the season.  Have dozens all over.  Some places may have 2 or 3 watching over one good spot for changing winds.  Don't like sitting in the same spot over and over. Finding out this season that that makes baiting a spot useless.  Big bucks are on camera only in the middle of the night, so off to finding another spot closer to  the swamps, farther back.  Thought I could draw them to me with bait to make the drag reasonable.  Not working. Only get doe coming in, sticking around the feed, then have to spook them to get out of there.    They come and go in all directions, not any really good runs to set up on, so it's a tough time of year to get close enough with the bow.  Going to need a lot of luck to get a big one.  Hoping for bitter cold and a snow storm to get them up in the middle of the day.