IGNORED

Bow tuning?

blackpowder

4 hours ago, Ron said:

How far out are the limb bolts?  That is pretty low for a 60# bow. 

He said in post that the box had a 50lb max according to the specs, up 7 lbs to 50 should not be a radical tune but it definitely needs to be tuned.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

16 hours ago, blackpowder said:

I bought a new bow in 19 at the shot show in Harrisburg. The shop was suppose to  torque it to 60 lbs.

14 hours ago, blackpowder said:

When I bought the bow it was suppose to be 60lbs....But when I looked the bow up online it says 50lb max. 

30 minutes ago, bushden said:

He said in post that the box had a 50lb max according to the specs, up 7 lbs to 50 should not be a radical tune but it definitely needs to be tuned.

He said it was supposed to be 60lbs in 2 different posts but that when he looked it up it was 50. 

The Drive comes in 50, 60 or 70.  I'm curious to know where he looked up the info and how he knows which model he actually has.

It sounds like the seller at the show took the OP for a ride.

53 minutes ago, bushden said:

The bow has no sticker on it to tell him specs. He says in his first post that he was told he purchased a 60 lb bow. I read all the posts and no where does he say that the box says 50 lb.  He said he looked up the bow and found somewhere it said a 50 lb spec. But that bow was offered in 50, 60 or 70 lb peak weight. 

0C7D4899-71B5-4927-AFD9-75EDEE444D76.png

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

2 hours ago, Ron said:

The bow has no sticker on it to tell him specs. He says in his first post that he was told he purchased a 60 lb bow. I read all the posts and no where does he say that the box says 50 lb.  He said he looked up the bow and found somewhere it said a 50 lb spec. But that bow was offered in 50, 60 or 70 lb peak weight. 

0C7D4899-71B5-4927-AFD9-75EDEE444D76.png

I guess I misunderstood what he said sounded to me like he thought is was 50lb

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

If the arrows your shooting are spined heavy enough for the bow there will little retuning needed .

as long as you increase each limb the same amount of turns your nock position will stay the same .

‘center shot shouldn’t move much if any.
crank up the bow , shoot a few arrows . If anything you may have to move your rest slightly and then resight in .

‘your twenty yard pin should stay reasonably close because that's mainly set by your gap above the arrow to your peep , which won’t change .

with just a small under standing it should take you about half an hour to get the bow to it’s max you want to shoot .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

The drive and drive LT both used the long limb bolts and PSE advertised them with a 20lb range of draw weight adjustment.  I don't know if they changed the bolts on the Drive X but it could very well be 60lb limbs backed out to 43.  The string and cables on the mid series PSE's aren't great and tend to stretch a good bit while settling in.  If the cables stretched that would drop the draw weight some as well.  The first drive I owned took a while for the strings to settle in.  I wound up swapping them out to custom strings then sold the bow.  

49 minutes ago, beaverman said:

The drive and drive LT both used the long limb bolts and PSE advertised them with a 20lb range of draw weight adjustment.  I don't know if they changed the bolts on the Drive X but it could very well be 60lb limbs backed out to 43.  The string and cables on the mid series PSE's aren't great and tend to stretch a good bit while settling in.  If the cables stretched that would drop the draw weight some as well.  The first drive I owned took a while for the strings to settle in.  I wound up swapping them out to custom strings then sold the bow.  

Thanks guys. I have noticed in the last 20 or so arrows my peep has been twisting. I assume do to stretch?  But my marks also look slightly off. 

18 minutes ago, blackpowder said:

Does anyone here use a Prime bow?

Prime makes fantastic bows.  One of my bows is a Centergy Hybrid and it's an absolute tack driver.  The Black Series bows are great too, specifically the Black 3 and Black 5.  I haven't had the opportunity to put my hands on any of the Nexus bows yet, but that Nexus 4 looks like a killer

24 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Prime makes fantastic bows.  One of my bows is a Centergy Hybrid and it's an absolute tack driver.  The Black Series bows are great too, specifically the Black 3 and Black 5.  I haven't had the opportunity to put my hands on any of the Nexus bows yet, but that Nexus 4 looks like a killer

So I assume you would recommend.  Prime vs Hoyt