IGNORED

Bow tuning?

blackpowder

So I feel like a dummy.  I bought a new bow in 19 at the shot show in Harrisburg. The shop was suppose to  torque it to 60 lbs. I always thought the draw weight felt light, but chalked it up to the difference in tech from my 05 tribute. Anyway I checked the weight yesterday and to say the least it’s not close. If I crank the weight up will I have to retune the bow. I think I know the answer. 

2 hours ago, Ron said:

How far out are the limb bolts?  That is pretty low for a 60# bow. 

7 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

What bow is it?

Is there a sticker on it to say what the draw weight range is?

The Bow is a pse drive x. I have found 2 different descriptions for it. Also the bolts have a lot of movement left and no no sticker. 

if I got to hunt more hopefully starting the year after next. I’m going to buy a prime. 

I would recommend a new set of strings on it. At that time bottom out the bolts and see what you get on the scale. 

Do you have a shop near you?  Where are you located?

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

1 hour ago, blackpowder said:

The Bow is a pse drive x. I have found 2 different descriptions for it. Also the bolts have a lot of movement left and no no sticker. 

if I got to hunt more hopefully starting the year after next. I’m going to buy a prime. 

The Drive came in 50, 60 or 70lbs.  If there are a lot of turns left it is probably a 50 or maybe a 60.

15 minutes ago, Ron said:

I would recommend a new set of strings on it. At that time bottom out the bolts and see what you get on the scale. 

Do you have a shop near you?  Where are you located?

Probably a good place to start.  

3 minutes ago, Devil Horns said:

It sounds like it’s a 50lb bow and the limb bolts are backed out quite a bit. 43 lbs doesn’t sound that far off. 
Tighten the limb bolts down and retune or take it to an archery shop and have them do it. 

Yeah.  Or maybe someone local can give him a hand. 

Where are you located @blackpowder?

6 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

The Drive came in 50, 60 or 70lbs.  If there are a lot of turns left it is probably a 50 or maybe a 60.

Probably a good place to start.  

Yeah.  Or maybe someone local can give him a hand. 

Where are you located @blackpowder?

thanks guys. I’m in south Jersey. Salem Gloucester county area. I only say I think it is far off because I talked with the shop and was specific on 60lb. If it’s 50 I’m still okay for a another seasons with it just mad at myself if it wasn’t what I wanted

40 minutes ago, blackpowder said:

thanks guys. I’m in south Jersey. Salem Gloucester county area. I only say I think it is far off because I talked with the shop and was specific on 60lb. If it’s 50 I’m still okay for a another seasons with it just mad at myself if it wasn’t what I wanted

Gotcha.  Maybe someone down that way can give you a hand?  

@Ron and I are both up in Warren County.