IGNORED

Need opinions on O/U shotguns

mightyhunter

I am thinking about buying my dad an O/U for Father's Day he always wanted one and he's not getting any younger (72 yrs old)

I was looking at the Stevens Silver 555 in 20ga any thoughts?

Also if anyone is looking to sell an o/u 20ga please let me know

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by mightyhunter

I was recently in the market for a hunting over under and did a fair amount of research. As you know, fit is going to be more important than anything but a used 20 gauge from browning or beretta seemed to be the best value or a new Franchi Instinct ($1150) is nice.   For a side by side, I’ve handled a CZ Bobwhite G2 and for $600 the fit and finish appeared very good.   My friend bought one this season and likes it a lot.  I wound up buying a Rizzini BR110 in 28 gauge and love it.   Fit and finish on that Rizzini is better than my Beretta 686.   

32 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

8-900 tops

I know it's not much and after looking at some of these shotguns I realize how expensive they are

That's why I shoot a Remington 870 LOL

Nothing wrong with a 870, I prefer the older ones and thats what my first shotgun was. Remington Sportsman magnum when they made them

4 hours ago, mightyhunter said:

I am thinking about buying my dad an O/U for Father's Day he always wanted one and he's not getting any younger (72 yrs old)

I was looking at the Stevens Silver 555 in 20ga any thoughts?

Also if anyone is looking to sell one please let me know

Thanks,

Dave

I have the 555 and its like the 220, "Best Gun for the Money". I have a Franchi and a Silver Pigeon as well.. They are nicer and built better, but you can buy 3 555's for the cost of one of them

Beretta - no brainer.   Buy something along these lines, then inherit it back.  Solid investment

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/beretta-shotguns-o/u/beretta-687eell-diamond-pigeon-grade-20ga.cfm?gun_id=101343687 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….