IGNORED

A+ for Carlsons choke tubes

I’ve been running a Carlson’s cremator choke tube on my stoeger for over a year now , have had a lot of luck with it , and it’s been great . Two weeks ago , we Got into a group of snows , downed a few , then couldn't hit the broad side of the barn.  I decided to swap to a modified choke , to do a little jump shooting , and thank god i did . I had a split down the middle of the choke . I couldn’t believe it . I emailed carlsons right then and there in the field , and 5 minutes later they responded asking for my address , and two days later I had a brand new choke at my door . They did ask for the broken one so they could look at it and see what actually happened to it ., but they paid for that too . They get an A in my book for their customer service , I’ll be interested to see what was the cause , if they can determine one .

0F7B2752-CC6A-44C5-A5D7-847E2C66EA41.jpeg

26 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Wow. I have the same chokes (I bought the set of 3). I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

@Bad64chevelle What are the specs of the shells were you shooting (shot size, length, fps, brand)?

I’ve got a buddy who bought the same choke the same time and ran the same shells , and hasn’t had any issues . Id shot everything from #4 steel to bbb . At the time it broke I was shooting black cloud 3” bbb  1-1/4 oz 1450 FPS . I had emailed Carlson a few months prior when I had gotten the bbb by accident , they said no issue , the choke can shoot anything but a slug .... those shells were HAMMERING the snows  (and apparently my choke maybe)