IGNORED

Sunday Burger Factory

Woodsman416

18 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

looks amazing ken - labor of love!!!    My OCD kicked in and wanted to calculate the fat content of the burgers.

Total meat / fat weight 40.5 lbs.    3.5 lbs is  about 8.5% fat which is a pretty lean burger overall. 

Most beef burgers in store are 15 - 25% fat. 

I know it might be considered blasphemous but I'm not a big fan of fat. Never have been. When I eat a ribeye I leave half of it on my plate when  I'm done. I use 10% of the venison weight. That's enough to bind the patty together and keep it nice and moist when cooked medium rare. 

18 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

What?  You haven't bought burgers in a while.  The most amount of fat you can get in ground beef is 20%.  Most burgers are 15%, with 5%-10% also available.  And more fat in a burger is a good thing.  You'll have a tastier and moister burger with fat than a lean one.  When it comes to meats, fat is your friend.

The more fat the better!!! It the bread you put your burger that is killing you:happywave:

1 minute ago, Slayer1962 said:

ok so where are you getting beef fat or pork fat from? Shoprite? Butcher? 

I buy bacon when it is on sale. I freeze it first and then put it thru the grinder, and then back in the freezer. That way it mixes evenly with the venison chunks when I grind that.

21 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

What?  You haven't bought burgers in a while.  The most amount of fat you can get in ground beef is 20%.  Most burgers are 15%, with 5%-10% also available.  And more fat in a burger is a good thing.  You'll have a tastier and moister burger with fat than a lean one.  When it comes to meats, fat is your friend.

Fat is your friend when it comes to meat, but not in the girls that you " meat":-)

"All men die, not all men really live". WW