IGNORED

Good Place To Pattern Shotgun

IronBait

4 minutes ago, IronBait said:

did you do it on the shotgun range and just walkout your stand on a quiet day?

The range you want to use at Clinton is the shotgun slug, muzzleloader,  .22 range .....see the signs on Rt 173. The yardage should already be marked off, bring your own targets 

Edited by BHC

Just now, BHC said:

The range you want use at Clinton it s the shotgun slug, muzzleloader,  .22 range .....see the signs on Rt 173. The yardage should already be marked off, bring your own targets 

1 minute ago, BHC said:

The range you want use at Clinton it s the shotgun slug, muzzleloader,  .22 range .....see the signs on Rt 173. The yardage should already be marked off, bring your own targets 

Are shotguns allowed at the muzzleloader range? I thought it was just muzzleloader and .22 range?

5 minutes ago, IronBait said:

Are shotguns allowed at the muzzleloader range? I thought it was just muzzleloader and .22 range?

See: https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

TRAINING AREA REGULATIONS

Shotgun is for fine shot (lead-free at Assunpink; smaller than No. 4 lead or No. T steel ammunition) only. NO BUCKSHOT OR RIFLED SLUGS

Muzzleloader is for muzzleloading firearms, shotguns with rifled slugs or buckshot, modern .17 and .22 caliber rimfire rifles, and air-guns in the calibers legal for small game hunting only.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:26 PM, vdep217 said:

Wmas with out a skeet range you are not supposed to shoot fine shot..  such as collier's mills..

I think that if you have targets (preferably turkey ones) set up and are patterning a shotgun you won't have a problem, but if you are there just shooting around with a shotgun, then yes.

We pattern all the time at Colliers Mills, with appropriate targets on stands not only for turkey but to pattern our shotguns with various shot for upland.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.