IGNORED

Excellent Auto Repair Shop

BHC

I can do basic stuff, but sometimes the need of auto repair shop is needed. A few weeks ago I went for a oil change/tire rotation at Pep Boys while my wife went shopping,  it's my travel car not my truck. Got the oil changed but the tire rotation was out of the question cause of major front end issues....Few weeks before this I was heading to work, Rt. 78 in spots is very dark.....I was in the right lane listening to some tunes and enjoying my WaWa coffee, when I saw a tire in my lane, I couldn't go left I had a tractor trailer there, the shoulder had construction barriers so i had no choice but to run over the tire, I seen that the plastic skid plate was broke and heard a noise I thought for sure it was loose and vibrating, but over a few days it got worst. So Pep Boys said it was wheel bearings, tie rods and could be a few other things associated with this area that may need to be replaced.....Overall with a wheel alignment I was looking at $1475, took it to another shop near me that I have used before  https://www.pburgauto.com/ small independent shop dropped it off after work on Thursday, next day mid morning they called me they said $1016 with original OEM parts. I wasn't happy with the price but it needed to be done, and noise was to the point I had to blast the stereo just to hear it. I have taken advantage of this shop for the price on their complete break service, I have also took my truck there for front/rear breaks with the original parts that I found at a great deal. Then on Thursday  morning my wife calls me at work, tells me her car as no heat, and it's not even blowing air.....I was hoping it was a fuse and I changed it once I got home but it wasn't working but I heard the fan come on but it was hard to hear.....Then I noticed the knob was loose, called the dealer to see if it was under warranty, it was over by a few thousand miles, asked if the they had the complete climate control assembly in stock, and roughly how much to do the work, he said ball park $515 I said to myself my wife can freeze :rofl:, so when I dropped off my car I asked the owner to just look at real quick and he did, and he agreed that's seems like the issue, $387 for the work to be done.....Now she has heat !!!!

They are very professional, they do call with updates, the prices and reviews are excellent

https://www.pburgauto.com/

There are some good an honest shops out there.

I avoid dealerships unless I have no choice. They are the biggest scumbag thieves out there! Recently one tried to charge me $20.00 for a battery that retails for less then $4.00 for a fob key that I had to get programmed.

Edited by 3Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

28 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Is that available on all Chrysler vehicles?  

What does that cost?

Yes .

Prices varies . As there is big mark up .

Chrysler gets half. Dealer gets half.

I paid 1600 on my Ram

Tracey paid 2100 recently on her jeep.

Chrysler Maxcare plus .

Almost a bumper to bumper warranty

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Yes .

Prices varies . As there is big mark up .

Chrysler gets half. Dealer gets half.

I paid 1600 on my Ram

Tracey paid 2100 recently on her jeep.

Chrysler Maxcare plus .

Almost a bumper to bumper warranty

Of course.  There is always a massive mark up on warranties.  

Those costs are pretty reasonable though.  

1 hour ago, mikejd said:

A mechanic you trust is as important as a doctor you trust.  Most of you guys know 06roadking he has a shop. He is not near me but wayne is a great guy and a strait shooter I bet he runs an honest shop. Somewhere down in the Ewing area.

Thanks for the nod Mike. My shop is in Lawrenceville. My dad bought our place 55 years ago. He still works every day. It’s just him and me but, thankfully, my dad built a following and I’ve done my best to uphold his standards. I’m not always the cheapest, not always the fastest but we are always completely honest and don’t sell people anything they don’t need and warranty everything we do for 2 years.