IGNORED

Occupied dwelling

Codaboy

11 minutes ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

Ohh hell no....

No worries-MZ7Extreme volunteered to go have a talk with him.  I'm sure he'll straighten the whole thing out.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

The tent is patient 0.

Def contact warden. I hope the person gets help

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

12 hours ago, bushden said:

I would think you are SOL unless the LE guys make him leave. it is not easy to make someone leave even private property when they squat and take up residence.

I'm confused.  Are you implying that ANYONE can set up a tent on public or private land and they cannot be forced to vacate?

My pops and I came across a drifter while turkey hunting (public property). Guy was local to the area but came across hard times. Was a vet but went through a divorce which led him to camping out. He used to steal car batteries from a local dealership to power his tv and radio which was pretty cool. We checked up on him every couple months but one year some bird watcher complained so the town went in and told him to move. Now he sleeps at the bus stops and gazebo in town LOL a nice FU to the people who had to cause issues. As for the OP, thats a damn compound.

17 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

It's sad,without facts,he could be a veteran.Hopefully. the officers can assist him ,If he's willing! to get him help?!

True, I found a veterans encampment once,sadly he had everything he owned out there and  was dug in which was a little eerie.  I never had the opportunity to run into him to see what his story was and try to offer him some help if I could. Then one day it looked like he disappeared and left everything behind. To this day I still wonder what happen to him.

7 hours ago, Tbryant said:

Was a vet but went through a divorce which led him to camping out. 

24 minutes ago, bucky said:

True, I found a veterans encampment once

8 hours ago, stratocaster said:

That's not a tent, looks more like a barracks for Taliban.  How did anyone alse not notice that until now???

This is not to say any of this is right, or you trying to move this guy is wrong but I would not. Anyone doing this, does not have any options, being financial or mental. It is public land, he is not on private property, so I would feel like shit forcing the guy to move so I could hunt. That's just me.

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

This is not to say any of this is right, or you trying to move this guy is wrong but I would not. Anyone doing this, does not have any options, being financial or mental. It is public land, he is not on private property, so I would feel like shit forcing the guy to move so I could hunt. That's just me.

Serious question:  What if it was an encampment of illegal aliens?  

No person, except the owner or lessee of the building and persons specifically authorized by him in writing, which writing shall be in the person's possession, shall, for the purpose of hunting, taking or killing any wildlife, have in his possession a loaded firearm while within 450 feet of any occupied building in this State, or of any school playground.

thats the law. Now he is trespassing so he is not a owner or lessee and is not supposed to be there. I would say it’s not a occupied building. However by criminal law definition a tent is concidered a occupied dwelling. So technically your breaking the law. Personally I would report it have him moved and then hunt.