IGNORED

Murphy isn't done yet

birdshotnj

2 minutes ago, toxo said:

I love this!  Does it say anywhere that I voted for him? With all thats going on in the World and in America,If you vote for a candidate ONLY because he or she is pro-gun,pro-hunting with out knowing ALL that they stand for, you are a selfish moron!

I'll wear that badge proudly!  I've been called worse by better.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

There are so many things to consider. The trouble is these candidates all come in for the flavor of the day and after they are elected get a bad taste for that flavor and their voters be damned. In this case the leopard hasn't changed his spots. We are still the people and only we can force change. However, who has the wherewithal to gather the masses to march on Trenton with our pitchforks and torches and demand a recall of this cat?

29 minutes ago, toxo said:

I love this!  Does it say anywhere that I voted for him? With all thats going on in the World and in America,If you vote for a candidate ONLY because he or she is pro-gun,pro-hunting with out knowing ALL that they stand for, you are narrow minded and selfish  a big part of whats wrong in this World,Me,Me,Mine,Mine..................

I can't imagine anyone who would be anti gun AND anti hunting that would share any of my other values?  Is there someone out there that thinks I don't have the right to hunt AND I don't have the right to a gun but otherwise is pro personal freedom, live and let live, low taxes, etc.  No way.  Is it selfish for me to want personal freedom and be left alone?  I don't think so.  

Now, if I had multiple pro gun / pro hunting candidates to choose from, then I'd dig deeper.  

6 hours ago, dlist777 said:

Not a bad idea...though dangerous.  In NJ, the worst democrat would probably win the general election.  Maybe better to vote for the "least bad" democrat.....

I dare say NJ's worst Democrat has already won the general election. 

I'm just back from a brief respite at the Jersey Shore which I must say is still quite beautiful. For the three days I was there the same plane with the same ban the bear hunt banner in tow made it's way up and down the beach. If the few people I spoke with regarding the banner and the hunt are any indication of the general publics feelings there is no doubt that the hunt will be banned. Likely it will be done as a last minute bout of theatrics by the Governor for maximum effect.     

Edited by YurytheRed

9 hours ago, toxo said:

I love this!  Does it say anywhere that I voted for him? With all thats going on in the World and in America,If you vote for a candidate ONLY because he or she is pro-gun,pro-hunting with out knowing ALL that they stand for, you are narrow minded and selfish  a big part of whats wrong in this World,Me,Me,Mine,Mine..................

No, it doesn't say you voted at all.   I have to give you credit for at least thinking about the issues a candidate supports which is more than what 95% of the voting population does.   The question for you is this: if a person or a party stands for certain things that I agree with and then they also are pro-hunting  but some other issues  I may not agree with, should I vote for that person/party?  What if that party always happens to have a platform I like?  What if the other party used to stand for the issues I support but has done an about face?  Should I just forget my beliefs and vote the way they want me to?