IGNORED

Plant It And They Will Come

I spent the last 4 days in Vermont helping my buddy with food plots and cabin chores. Beautiful North woods paradise with moose, bear, deer, and many game birds  available. Fishing is awesome too. We planted 2 food plots in soybeans and refreshed mineral sites. We had a blast with my buddy and his Dad, also a friend of mine. We snuck in a little refreshment around the  campfire when the chores were done! Saw  this moose on the ride into camp.

20180519_113417.jpg

20180519_142212.jpg

20180519_142311.jpg

20180520_132635.jpg

20180520_151255.jpg

20180518_201041_003.jpg

20180519_095230.jpg

20180520_142525.jpg

20180519_091036.jpg

Edited by Zipper
Add pics

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

51 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Nice!

How are the deer numbers around there?

Fair numbers to make it interesting.  It's mountains with some farmland around,  so that helps. Some big bucks on trail cam. Predators are numerous with bobcat,  lynx, coyote and wolf.

6 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Great looking place Mike.  Are you goingup there hunting too? Looks like a lot of moose in that area  with all those sheds 

Yes John I may sneak a couple of hunts in up there. I cut my teeth on big woods deer with my Grandfather and Dad in Big Indian Ny. I  prefer the Midwest for giant whitetail,  but the North Woods is alluring.  Those sheds are not my buddies but his neighbors.  He has 2 shed dogs and travels to a few states collecting. Many of those moose sheds are from Maine. 

22 minutes ago, Zipper said:

Yes John I may sneak a couple of hunts in up there. I cut my teeth on big woods deer with my Grandfather and Dad in Big Indian Ny. I  prefer the Midwest for giant whitetail,  but the North Woods is alluring.  Those sheds are not my buddies but his neighbors.  He has 2 shed dogs and travels to a few states collecting. Many of those moose sheds are from Maine. 

Cool. Totally different kind of hunting the north to the mid-west....big time