IGNORED

Caribou Hunt part 2

toxo

18 minutes ago, toxo said:

I took a hike by myself above the tree line glassing for Bear.The loneliness ,solitude and wind where amazing! I forgot to mention when the Caribou come out of the water they shake off like dogs.When they walk all their ankles make a weird loud clicking sound. Thankz for looking!

What beautiful country up there.  :up:

You took some beautiful caribou, although I have to say, they are probably not one of the brightest big game animals. Really fine eating, very close to good beef from what I remember, but I hope it wasn't ptarmigan that you shot. Unless it was the Icelandic crew that we had in our camp , that prepared Ptarmigan for dinner. That had to be the worse game bird I've ever had. 

10 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

You took some beautiful caribou, although I have to say, they are probably not one of the brightest big game animals. Really fine eating, very close to good beef from what I remember, but I hope it wasn't ptarmigan that you shot. Unless it was the Icelandic crew that we had in our camp , that prepared Ptarmigan for dinner. That had to be the worse game bird I've ever had. 

Thankz! No, they where a small bird,Quail  like called a Fools Hen.Very stupid.They would land in a tree and let you shoot flu-flus at them until you hit one.We grilled them over an open fire.They where yummy!

I don't think Some of the Caribou have ever seen a Human in Camo,thats what makes it a great Bow Hunt,you can get real close without them spooking.

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Thankz! No, they where a small bird,Quail  like called a Fools Hen.Very stupid.They would land in a tree and let you shoot flu-flus at them until you hit one.We grilled them over an open fire.They where yummy!

I don't think Some of the Caribou have ever seen a Human in Camo,thats what makes it a great Bow Hunt,you can get real close without them spooking.

If I told you about the caribou bull I shot with a rifle, it would prove their stupidity or their lack of understanding danger. Although they must feel vulnerable when crossing rivers, cause the large group that we tried to head off, came out at a full run. 

18 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

If I told you about the caribou bull I shot with a rifle, it would prove their stupidity or their lack of understanding danger. Although they must feel vulnerable when crossing rivers, cause the large group that we tried to head off, came out at a full run. 

Let's see some pictures Jerzguy.  :up: :up:

Edited by Rusty

• 2 weeks later...