IGNORED

There's Little Difference Between a Compound and a Crossbow

Rusty

1 minute ago, LittleM said:

I cannot relate either way - I have no friends.

Awe Little M get yourself a cat. That might help.

๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter2004 said:

Wow! Really 5 miles away ? There isnโ€™t a guy with a crossbow setup 50 yds away from you? Thatโ€™s not fair, your hunting somewhere in ย Perfectville USA , where talking about shitty NJ here. ย I feel with the legalization of crossbows that are now capable of rifle like accuracy out to say 70 ydsย ย effectively turned our bow season into a 6 month gun season. ย All theย orange army jerkoffsย that showedย upย on opening day ofย gun season are now hereย on opening day of archery until the middle of February.ย Gone are the days when youdย practice all summer, everyday, and slowly youโ€™d actually becomeย a bow hunter. Thenย come October 1st youd basicallyย have the woodsย to yourself soย that you can formulate a plan to hunt unpressured Deer.ย Now the woods are full of shit heads busting thru your setup asking you ย โ€œHey did you seeย any deers yet ? I just got this new ย crossbow,ย Fโ€™ing thingย ย is unbelievable! ย I only hunted Deer for 6 dayย shotgun but now ย Iโ€™m a bow hunter, I never new bow hunting was this easy, Iย hunt every day with the crossbow now, unlimited doe season is Fโ€™ingย great.... I give up, I just canโ€™t compete with that.ย Iย ordered a crossbow.ย 

I dont understand but, welcome to club.

๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

3 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

If your not climbing trees with a stick bow, hickory shaft arrows and flint arrowheads you are cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I know and Im having a hell of a time doing it.ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Awe Little M get yourself a cat. That might help.

Got 4, it doesn't...........

ย 

Here's another argument that I didn't understand (from a separate, but similar post)

Its not perspective, a Bowhunter sees how close he can get.

AN archer sees how far he can shoot. They are not the same thing

ย 

Cannot I not do/be both with a cross-bow?

Dam you Rusty you got me roped into your post.ย  Your getting all the ratings for this:rant:

You can do both with a compound bow or a crossbow.ย  Me personally I like my animals close with both weapons.ย  Certain guys always push the limits I think.

18 minutes ago, Bowhunter2004 said:

Wow! Really 5 miles away ? There isnโ€™t a guy with a crossbow setup 50 yds away from you? Thatโ€™s not fair, your hunting somewhere in ย Perfectville USA , where talking about shitty NJ here. ย I feel with the legalization of crossbows that are now capable of rifle like accuracy out to say 70 ydsย ย effectively turned our bow season into a 6 month gun season. ย All theย orange army jerkoffsย that showedย upย on opening day ofย gun season are now hereย on opening day of archery until the middle of February.ย Gone are the days when youdย practice all summer, everyday, and slowly youโ€™d actually becomeย a bow hunter. Thenย come October 1st youd basicallyย have the woodsย to yourself soย that you can formulate a plan to hunt unpressured Deer.ย Now the woods are full of shit heads busting thru your setup asking you ย โ€œHey did you seeย any deers yet ? I just got this new ย crossbow,ย Fโ€™ing thingย ย is unbelievable! ย I only hunted Deer for 6 dayย shotgun but now ย Iโ€™m a bow hunter, I never new bow hunting was this easy, Iย hunt every day with the crossbow now, unlimited doe season is Fโ€™ingย great.... I give up, I just canโ€™t compete with that.ย Iย ordered a crossbow.ย 

Actually, I really don't know how far away, or what they're shooting because I never see any one else in the woods when I'm hunting.ย 

And I don't live in Perfectville.......I live just down the street.

Dont even try it Haskell Little M has 4 alreadyย :rofl:

1 hour ago, Live to Hunt said:

I never skipped a beat nothing has changed for me but yea Thatโ€™s me. I donโ€™t get the whole argument I never did. I never cared I just did My own thing. I shoot a crossbow so I hear it all cheater, is the big one. I was called worse when I shot a compound I mean shit Hammer I know you have called me worse. I donโ€™t care I love hunting and being in the woods. ย God bless the guys who are not influenced by ignorance of others. ย Donโ€™t worry about impressing others itโ€™s a lot more funย 

first off I didn't bash anyone using a crossbow, so go back and read it with a different mind set.

I said its different as far as guys getting togetherย  and shooting for hours on end, refining their bow set up etc.

how many bolts is needed to do that with a crossbow ??

I'm not calling anyone a cheater for using one, I could care less what you decide to hunt with , as long as your making ethical shots doesn't matter to me.

ย 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

ย 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

ย 

1 hour ago, LittleM said:

So guys that still shoot compounds and look down at cross-bow users cannot still do this?

who said I was looking down on crossbows, I have a lot of friends that shoot them , I shoot one on deer drives,

ย 

1 hour ago, LittleM said:

ย 

Got 4, it doesn't...........

ย 

Here's another argument that I didn't understand (from a separate, but similar post)

Its not perspective, a Bowhunter sees how close he can get.

AN archer sees how far he can shoot. They are not the same thing

ย 

Cannot I not do/be both with a cross-bow?

my point in that was about getting close to the animal, after that the bow hunt part is over and taking the animal cleanly is done with what ever you choose.

But guys only wanting a crossbow to be able to push the limits to 80/100 yards, that isn't whatย  bowhunting was about.ย 

ย 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

ย 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

ย 

11 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

first off I didn't bash anyone using a crossbow, so go back and read it with a different mind set.

I said its different as far as guys getting togetherย  and shooting for hours on end, refining their bow set up etc.

how many bolts is needed to do that with a crossbow ??

I'm not calling anyone a cheater for using one, I could care less what you decide to hunt with , as long as your making ethical shots doesn't matter to me.

ย 

ย 

Agreed,ย  the guyย that shoots 3 or 4 arrows to start the year with a compound and doesn't shoot again until they're letting one fly on a deer is better off hunting with a xbow.ย 

ย