IGNORED

Thank you Fish & Game

Rule always was DFW ranges are rimfire only. Did they publish a law change on this? Pretty cool if they now give the public a chance to zero their predator and groundhog guns... but I am skeptical.

The website still says no centerfires allowed anywhere: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

TRAINING AREA REGULATIONS

All WMA regulations apply.
At least one (1) member of the shooting party must have a current, valid New Jersey hunting license in possession.
Shotgun is for fine shot (lead-free at Assunpink; smaller than No. 4 lead or No. T steel ammunition) only. NO BUCKSHOT OR RIFLED SLUGS
Archery is for target or practice tips only - No broadheads.
Muzzleloader is for muzzleloading firearms, shotguns with rifled slugs or buckshot, modern .17 and .22 caliber rimfire rifles, and air-guns in the calibers legal for small game hunting only.
No handguns or centerfire rifles permitted.
Hours are 8:00 a.m. - sunset (except Black River WMA, see below)
Clinton Muzzleloader/Rifle Range Rules

Rule always was DFW ranges are rimfire only. Did they publish a law change on this? Pretty cool if they now give the public a chance to zero their predator and groundhog guns... but I am skeptical.

The website still says no centerfires allowed anywhere: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

you figured it out , it's all a lie... the fish & game paid for a metal sign as a money grab to fine and confiscate centerfire guys... winner !!!

tnats their way of say ppl are scumbags and will burn it .

Again there used to be a decent range there before. Concrete pad, shooting benches with nice roof. People decided to shoot holes in the roof and destroy the benches. You can't fix stupid. Hopefully this new set off range areas will stay for a while. Its up to us. :up:

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Fort Dix Range 14 is still the Best Choice bar none.  Very low fees well-controlled & maintained shoot what you have no Rocket Launchers. 

Rifle-Pistol- Shoot Gun- Trap -Skeet-Sporting Long distance. all DIY.   No need $ Hunting Lic. NO ALCOHOL and all offenses are Federal Crimes.   Also, there are Hunting permits available and very affordable Club Memberships.

PS screw up you are automatically drafted into the Army   :rant:

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

While I think it's great that they're going to allow rifles, I suspect it will be packed with non hunters shooting ARs. No problem with the ARs but seems they draw a different crowd.

Totally agree, i think that’s part of the problem. Guys with AR’s that are hunters are much differant than the Rambo crowd. The Rambo crowd shoot at anything from targets, cans, water jugs, etc and have no common sence to whether what they are doing causes a danderous ricochet or even worse. As long as they make their little weenies feel big they could care less

Sorry for the hijack RD

AWM

I've shot my bow at the newly renovated Millville range.  It's about a mile from my house.  The State guys did an amazing job, especially the archery range.  Sadly, it'll only be a short matter of time until the turds destroy it.  The public can't have anything nice in NJ.  The old range resembled a municipal dump.  I have no faith at all in my fellow man.