IGNORED

What gun control laws would you back?

I'm not concerned about "gun" violence.  I, as we all should be am concerned about "violence" and also maintaining Constitutionally guaranteed rights.  You realize if we got rid of all guns, our murder rate would still be double Serbia's?  Guess who has almost as many guns per person as the U.S.  The problem isn't the guns, it's our politics, our economics, our society.  Those are not simple problems, so people like you go for the easy target, while doing nothing to address the problem.  I never pretended like I had a solution, so acting like you "got" me by asking what's my plan isn't going to get us anywhere.  It's okay to say "I don't know the answer".  Doing that is MUCH better than acting like you do, when you don't even understand the problem.

So you are onboard with we need more people control/ strict enforcement of current laws, not gun control. By the way, what part of Atlantic County are you located. I grew up in the Hammonton area.

I am far from being dull or stupid. We a need better checks on the mentally ill especially with gun ownership.

Fill me in what's your plan of action to curb gun violence?

The mentally ill argument is a red herring used by the NRA and pro-gunners because they think they need to say something other than, "F*ck No, I'm not giving up my guns I don't trust the gov't". How many of the shooters in so called "mass shootings" are even mentally ill? A very small percentage. Most are just thugs and some are just truly evil people. 

If you want to talk about gun deaths overall and suicide, then maybe there is a leg to stand on in terms of mental health checks. However, it is very hard to accurately state (as many anti-gunners do) that just having access to a gun makes suicide more likely. How do you account for the millions of people who own guns but don't kill themselves or those who got guns specifically because they were already thinking about suicide? Many people who commit suicide would easily pass a background and mental health check.

So you are onboard with we need more people control/ strict enforcement of current laws, not gun control. By the way, what part of Atlantic County are you located. I grew up in the Hammonton area.

I didn't say that.  I don't think that trying to control people is going to be helpful, we've had many years of that.  You are also assuming I think there is some sort of problem.  As has been pointed out, violent crime has been trending down for a while now.  Also, and I can't stress this enough, it's better to admit you don't have an answer, than to pretend you do.  

I also spent a good part of my youth in Hammonton.

I didn't say that.  I don't think that trying to control people is going to be helpful, we've had many years of that.  You are also assuming I think there is some sort of problem.  As has been pointed out, violent crime has been trending down for a while now.  Also, and I can't stress this enough, it's better to admit you don't have an answer, than to pretend you do.  

I also spent a good part of my youth in Hammonton.

Are you a Blue Devil or a Wildcat? I don't have the answer, but strict enforcement of current laws would be a start,

Are you a Blue Devil or a Wildcat? I don't have the answer, but strict enforcement of current laws would be a start,

Wildcat.  Strict enforcement? You mean like only driving to the range and back with no deviations? Or how about having a pendant on your neck that has an inert casing with a hollow point that is a felony here? Or suppressors on airguns?  I could go on. 

How about we look at the laws instead of just saying "strict enforcement would be a start?  If we aren't willing to accept that many laws are not only stupid, they do nothing to ameliorate the situation, and in fact turn good meaning people into felons, then we aren't going to get anywhere.

I'm

Wildcat.  Strict enforcement? You mean like only driving to the range and back with no deviations? Or how about having a pendant on your neck that has an inert casing with a hollow point that is a felony here? Or suppressors on airguns?  I could go on. 

How about we look at the laws instead of just saying "strict enforcement would be a start?  If we aren't willing to accept that many laws are not only stupid, they do nothing to ameliorate the situation, and in fact turn good meaning people into felons, then we aren't going to get anywhere.

I went to St. Joe elem. They were called the Joeys back in the day. I still remember during a pep rally they brought in 2 kangaroos to duke it out. They fought in that old gym with walls.

I wouldn't mind seeing an OPTION (not a law) where when regarding private sale, the seller gets to submit a copy of their proof of sale in case it gets lost or damaged it's on record. Maybe a nics check on private sale if they feel it might save some lives.. I doubt it tho.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The solutions are evasive if not imposible Mostly Opinions. It is no secreat who is using and killing with Ileagal fire arms. How are gun laws working there. 

While attention is drawn to this The Democrats in Nj wheels are Turning The Democrat guy ruunig for govenror already voiced his dislike on Guns-Hunting and Opposses The Bear Hunt.  101.5 has it at 54% against the bear hunt.   Watch what the left is doing. 

I will vote Republican Kim G.  

Gun Control-Drug -Control - Opoloid Control - Drunk Driving-  Corrupt Politicians all F-U by politicians and do gooders. along with the Snowflakes. 

We are a Nation Devided more now then ever before.      And NBC ABC CBS CNN have become Fake news adding fuiel  to the fires.

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

agree 100%, there should be some way to know when someone is buying that many guns and why.

Your anti-2A opinions are awful, there's already places like you describe anyway, like Russia.

By the way, in your perfect world, how many knives can I buy before the Federal government comes knocking? 

How much fertilizer?  

What volume of arsenic?

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Im seriously not the best person to speak on this topic but I'd like to voice my opinion.

No new laws. Do not infringe on my rights. The 3A makes one hell of a case for the 2A to be completely untouched. 

You want the government, the military to come in to your home without probable cause and rummage through your stuff just because they want to, they can? And take your kids? Your wife? Everything you earned? At their discretion as they see fit? Unless you want to voluntarily give up your home when the military comes, that is your business. I do not. We dont need amendments for or against other countries. They are for our own people here in the U.S.A. Its pretty sad and scary at the same time when you think of it.

As lame and bland as it sounds , ALL of these issues whether it be LV, other mass shotings or homicides/murders that happen everyday, are just SIMPLY GOOD guys vs BAD guys. The media and lefties do not want to hear or accept it, but its true IMHO. The good follow the laws the best they can within reason. We all have gone over speed limit, went through a red light, etc. The bad continues to be ignorant that any law exists. They are BAD. Period. They enjoy knowing they break the law or dont care what the law is or that law even exists. They kill. They torture. They steal. They do all kinds of things that are already AGAINST THE LAW.

Do me a favor and ask the guy who broke into your home what laws he made sure to follow before he decided to break your sliding glass door and rummage through all of your property? He's armed, your family was inside, you defended yourself and your property but he got away wounded (I know most here say you wont allow him to get away, but it happens). Now the law is against you because you defended your property here in NJ. Think about that!?

We have spun out of control and need to be "dumbed" back down IMO.

controlusuallybackfires.JPG

Looks like the NRA is going to jump on the ban of the bump stop device. Let's see what compromise will be floated by NRA and Congress. Paul Ryan is leading the charge.m

The NRA didn't have a choice .... bump stocks are indefensible. 

I laughed when I read the letter that the manufacturer had submitted to the BATFE, requesting confirmation that these stocks are not a regulated firearm. Their stated purpose of the bump stock was to help folks whose hands have limited mobility. I've never seen one of their promotions where they even mention that. They just show folks blasting through large magazines at a high rate of fire.

I'd wager that bump stocks will be featured in the next issue of al-Qaeda's Inspire magazine.