IGNORED

Help Finding Private Deer Hunting

Thamer

If you ask 10 people and 9 of them say no, you win. :up:

Show me the sales person with a 10% close rate and I'll show you a person that owns his/her own island and several helicopters to fly friends in on. So if you can get one out of ten, you're doing great. Most people just aren't comfortable knocking, but a look in the landowner's eyes will go a long way to a "yes".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you stay with the passion, eventually you may want to look into buying your own piece. Most people have that as a dream and for some it becomes a reality. I hunt both for different reasons but remember that no matter what type of land you are on you cant control everything and both have their downsides

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Most of us here have worked very hard to get the private land we hunt on. And we keep working hard to keep it year to year. We have all knocked on doors, networked and kissed some ass to get the land we have and, for the most part, if there is room or availability for another person to join us, we have a list of friends or family members that have been bothering us to hunt these places since we obtained them. Like others have said, knock on doors, ask people at work, tell you significant other to spread the word. Talk to farmers in your area and don't ask for something for nothing. Offer to help out with chores, cut firewood for them, weedwack fence lines etc. Remember most farmers have been asked a hundred times so you have to be the one that offers something a little extra then the rest. It's not easy and most, me included, are not going to let someone jump right in and hunt after we have been maintaining these relationships and worked to get in in the first place.

I agree 100 percent! I hunt two farms in Zone 8. One is 52 acres and the other is 170 acres. I help the farmers out as much as possible and I provide any pest control that they need done and I give them a lot of fruit from my mom's place in Virginia. It goes a long way and they appreciate it.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Best bet is to wait for someone to need help. Whether it's a dead battery or trees down from a storm. You get the point. Help them out, feel them out (or up if she's divorced), and see where it goes. You can knock on 1000 doors before you get a Yes, or maybe the first door. Otherwise if you don't know by now.....find acorns and find the deer. I've been out twice this year and could have run out of arrows before deer. And don't rule out hunting midday. Public deer aren't stupid. But they also arent smarter then you. If someone was trying to sling a pointy stick at you how would you use the terrain.

:think: So you want a Spot   :confused: I had 5 I have not used in many years. Warren and Sussex. all on Public Hunting Grounds. Want one how long have you Deer Hunted. I will explain One Spot but it Takes Hunting and Scouting the area there will be other hunters but that works in your favor as you will be above them as the deer are pushed up the hill.  Are you up to Hunting :confused: This spot is Near Oxford close to Hatchery. PM if interested  

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I have knocked on 3 doors in NJ and got permission all 3 times.  I always went up a few weeks before the season not in camo, was clean cut, dressed properly and the Wife answered the door all 3 times. 

The best one was I asked a lady if I could just use her drive way to park in and cross her property to state land.  She said sure, it was a long driveway and I parked at the end out of the way.  She forgot to tell her husband.  I came out of the woods one day and he met me at the truck and was a little caught off guard.