IGNORED

Raptor ID

Rusty

Well I looked more into this bird and I am convinced this is a juvenile Bald Eagle and here is why:

1. Golden Eagle, from Juvenile to adult will usually have a lighter brown head than the rest of his body,. Rusty's bird is a uniform color. 

2. Juvenile Golden Eagle has a white rump. That's the area at the base of its tail in between its primaries. No evidence of white rump on this bird.

3. Golden juvenile would have smaller bill and its nostrils are always set in a nice yellow border. This bird's bill is huge and its all black

here are two drawings by Sibley of Golden and Bald Eagle. I am very confident this bird is a juvenile Bald Eagle

Golden

166151806.r15sqNOR.jpg

Bald

166151805.ZD72UoLM.jpg

Well I looked more into this bird and I am convinced this is a juvenile Bald Eagle and here is why:

1. Golden Eagle, from Juvenile to adult will usually have a lighter brown head than the rest of his body,. Rusty's bird is a uniform color. 

2. Juvenile Golden Eagle has a white rump. That's the area at the base of its tail in between its primaries. No evidence of white rump on this bird.

3. Golden juvenile would have smaller bill and its nostrils are always set in a nice yellow border. This bird's bill is huge and its all black

:up:  :up: