IGNORED

Looking for a new book to tackle, any ideas?

Lunatic

Yes I am

So:

John Adams by Mclaughlin

A. Lincoln by Ron D White

American Sphinx by Joseph Ellis, this one is about Jefferson

Also, books on A Johnson, U Grant because it was right after the civil war and Grover Cleveland because he was president 2 separate times not consecutive. 

So:

John Adams by Mclaughlin

A. Lincoln by Ron D White

American Sphinx by Joseph Ellis, this one is about Jefferson

Also, books on A Johnson, U Grant because it was right after the civil war and Grover Cleveland because he was president 2 separate times not consecutive. 

Thanks

Any book by Peter Hathaway Capstick, from Boonton NJ.  All good reads. A new york stock broker turned African professional hunter. He wrote a few good books, all good reads. RIP Peter!

He wrote some great books.  I read some of his articles as a kid and it fueled my interest in hunting.  He had a great hunting name. 

• 6 months later...

Well I just finished two books on Civil War.

The first one, I downloaded it for free from Audible, was 1861: The Civil War Awakening

Very different and very interesting book. Not your typical Civil War book describing battles. This book, based on newspaper articles, letters and diaries explains the mood of the country and how it lead to Civil War. If you don't know how the war began, why it began, who started it, and who was against it and why this book is for you. (you maybe surprise why the war happened and what was the original intention Lincoln had in mind)

The 2nd book was The Civil War by Bruce Catton.

This one is a quick historical account of Civil War,  a chronological guide through the maze of battles and issues handled by both sides from the start to the end. Its a very dry book but if you read it you will fully understand how and why the war progressed and why the north won it. 

Read these two books and you will be an expert on the subject. Again audiobooks are the way to go.

Any book by Peter Hathaway Capstick, from Boonton NJ.  All good reads. A new york stock broker turned African professional hunter. He wrote a few good books, all good reads. RIP Peter!

Death in the Long Grass is a must read. True story about hunting man eating lions in Africa. The guy would post over victims all night for a shot at a man eater.

Check a dictionary, or actually utilize your spell check, sportsfan.

The Correct spelling I assume you are trying to convey is: “Proselytizing”.

I would attach the correct meaning, but I do not wish to offend, nor attempt to melt the internet snowflakes as you suggest.

Oh, this whiskey drinking, cigar smoking Marine, does not get “Bent out of shape” too easily. And I don’t care what others think. So, sorry to disappoint.

:up:     :agree:  :cupcoffee:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Death in the Long Grass is a must read. True story about hunting man eating lions in Africa. The guy would post over victims all night for a shot at a man eater.

Can you point out  the bad spelling you reference in your comment to my post?  I just like to know where I screwed up so I don't repeat my mistakes.