IGNORED

Fluke Regs

Buck154

I don't think it will end fluke fishing entirely but it will discourage occasional fishermen. For example I fished the winter flounder for several years and then when it went to 2 fish I haven't gone since. Those that will continue fishing are ones that value the fishing over the table fare versus cost OR those who will disregard the regs and just do what they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem it will go the way of Bluefin Tuna - Soward Fish on the larger side, to what happened to Boston Mackeral. Tile Fish Black Fish Sea Bass. Winter Flounder I saw Whiting in a Market in Freehold and other places selling then they were 7 Inches long NO BS. Ling has not seen any when bags of them along with Baseball sized whiting was common.  

I remember when they shut down Striper fishing in NJ no one was catching them. while other states never closed. They came Back big time VA put a commercial number limit on them so the beach netters would drag the nets ashore pick out the biggest and wasted the rest on the beach. 

Porgy's all but disappeared remember the Raritan Bay Porgy Pirates that wiped them out with illegal Night Netting.  Belford Co-OP was Notorious for breaking the laws. 

Fish run in cycles is well known. But Man does more harm than good. 

:devil: Where did all that money Donated to do-gooders many Party Boat capt? to fight for the fisherman on the fluke front go All of them have disappeared Scams all of them. 

So now comes 3 fish. at $70. 1/2 day boat Beer Tackle. trip expenses.$6 tip for Mate Not Me. 

5 gal bucket folding chair Tackle bait, maybe a lure or 2 cooler for snacks and water. Start when I want to quit when I want No fish to Clean because I catch and release 99% of what I catch if I catch anything in the first place

I get my fish fix from Keyport Fishery and Wolly's Fish Market along with some Fries Slaw Lemon and Tarter. 

The only value is My Lifetime Senior Clamming Licence where past season wound up with little over 600 nice Navesink Mixed size clams to share and Freeze. THats Value. 

Let's see how many loads up on the Head Boats for a very expensive 1/2 day and 3 Fish and around 7 lbs of Fillet   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

OR those who will disregard the regs and just do what they want.

Enter the No Speak English crowd I have seen it all. keep all. they catch with very little law enforcement. or totally ignoring them.Every public spot has them.   

Want some entertainment on a weekend day Grab something cool to drink arrive about 1:30 PM At the Seating area at The Atlantic Highlands Boating Ramp. The show starts with comical Launches and retrievals. Than The Boats that arrive and tie up to floating dock and one guy gets out to get tow vehicle. and an NJDFAG Warden goes to that boat and asks How did you do can I board your boat or look in your cooler I have seen the Warden carry so many fluke to the cooler in his pickup truck. he has to call for Backup.One after the other they ignore the laws. and this is every weekend never been during the week. 

Emagine what goes on in all Those private Marinas.    

Wonder what NJDFAG does with all the fish  ;)

I don't think it will end fluke fishing entirely but it will discourage occasional fishermen. For example I fished the winter flounder for several years and then when it went to 2 fish I haven't gone since. Those that will continue fishing are ones that value the fishing over the table fare versus cost OR those who will disregard the regs and just do what they want.

I live on Raritan bay and I can see a  hot spot for winter Flounder from my window. Before they went to 2 there was a flotilla anchored in that spot almost every day. Now there is a handful of boats fishing, some days not one.

I live on Raritan bay and I can see a  hot spot for winter Flounder from my window. Before they went to 2 there was a flotilla anchored in that spot almost every day. Now there is a handful of boats fishing, some days not one.

Just as you said Head Boats and Private lined The Raritan Bay Shore On into the highlands and Navisnk and Shrewsbury Rivers.  Hot spots changed depending on the Migration out to Sea. There were No Limits by numbers or sizes. You would hear why you keeping the small ones 8" the answer __ It will still make a good sandwich. Belmar was a hotspot and would start off the season Early There never was a Restricted season.

The Larger flounder were caught south like Baragate Inlet and bay. Even the biggest called Yellowtails. 50-100 hundred was not uncommon.

In the 60s a tavern down neck would run a bus trip to Quincy Mass. $55. that left 8 pm to The boat all-inclusive Bus- Beer - Sandwichs, Skiff with motor and Flat of nd Box lunch .wauld arrive for breakfast on your own as the skiffs were being readied for 2 Guys.  End of the day the fish you caught Flounder and a bunch of Cod was taken to an area where a bunch of women would  Fillet and divide them into 2 Wax Boxes with Ice.Then loaded them on the bus cargo area. Fast supper on your own and sleep all the way home. Boston bay became so polluted with Raw Sewerage. the fishery was shut down and never recovered.

The Cape Cod Provincetown ( P- Town) was a Commercial Flounder Depot Long story That Crashed with overfishing

The decline in Raritan was blamed on Commercial Dragers. just off shore.

Other fisheries to Die In NJ and a few other states Is Lobsters The boats in Belford stopped catching them due to Very low Number and Cost of Fuel now they go for Conch that soon will Crash do to Demand and number of boats harvesting them. 

Crabs are Dragged all winter in the Raritan Bay. and trapped in warmer weather, how long will that last along with the Damage caused by Dragging.

So many species have dwindled The Idea Mentioned Sea Robins is now The new Item on the menu. is very true just as Monk Fish did till they were almost fished out. Along with Tilefish. These stories are numerous on Fish Losses but the ones Blamed and affected are Sports Fisherman.     

When was the Last Time you saw decent Whiting Ling Mudhole Tuna Boston Mackeral?  There is no end to this story till the resources are fished out. 

Anyone remember The Russian Trawler Processing Ships in US waters when they were moved to international waters taking massive amounts of Fish. The Answer The USA had was Our commercial boats would do the Catching and transfer the Catch to The Russians OVERFISHING SOLVED. I remember it we used to Trade STUFF with the Ships before they were moved off. They loved Our Cigarettes and Beer.

So Catch the last Fish and the Bitching will stop just -- Remember When will be the Topic.

Alaska seems to control the fisheries for both Recreational and Commercial just fine what is wrong on the east coast?   

After having a boat since I was 10 years old, sold my last boat 2 years ago! 24 CC Proline. Used to go out of Barnegat inlet. This video is sickening! Head boats and bait shops might as well shut their doors!

like the big tournament that had "the best 5" combined weight, per boat  - used to have like 4 guys killing 20 fluke to make the best five - and now they can only kill 12 to make the best three ?   Or something like that?    So that means Johnny Bucktails will win it with three 10lb fluke this year instead of five 8lb fluke? 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….