IGNORED

What Bedliner Do You Prefer?

Zipper

My Ram had the plastic liner. Although its better than no liner of course, my GMC came from factory with the sprayed liner. 100% better IMO and no turning back now for any truck purchases in the future...will always be sprayed. You made the right choice IMO

For the most part all items "hold their place" with that spray in liner too. The only thing that still slides around on me is a 2 x 2 piece of plywood that Id use for a jack when driving the beach/woods just incase I get stuck. I havnt had to use it yet, knock on wood. Other than that, my deer cart, crates, totes, tackle bags, buckets etc all pretty much stay put.

Edited by outdoorslife

Could you please give us a price difference for DIY and Professionally done. Thanks in advance Bill

Have no idea how much it costs to have it done but I bought the custom coat kit that comes with the spray gun. Came with enough material to coat the bed twice. It was $110 + the cost of some scotch brite pads and some thinner to clean the bed with. Prep of the bed is the absolute key to a good job. Took me about 2hrs with the pads to rough up the bed then wiped it down with thinner twice. Just have to make sure the paint in the bed has all of the shine scuffed off. Spraying on is easy. I did mine about two years ago. No chips in it so far and I take loads of brake rotors and scrap metal from my shop to the junkyard in it about every six weeks and have put dents in the bed and still no chips. I'm very happy. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested

My Ram came with the plastic Ram Logo liner which I just don't care for and I may remove it.  Looks nice but thats it... everything slides around.

My F150 had a heavy duty rubber mat for the bed and tailgate and nothing slipped around and it could be removed and the bed hosed out... the bed was scratched but its the bed and the truck body was like new.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

My Ram came with the plastic Ram Logo liner which I just don't care for and I may remove it.  Looks nice but thats it... everything slides around.

My F150 had a heavy duty rubber mat for the bed and tailgate and nothing slipped around and it could be removed and the bed hosed out... the bed was scratched but its the bed and the truck body was like new.

My bud had one on his F-150 too and agree that worked pretty well and better than the plastic liner...things stayed put.

Edited by outdoorslife

Have no idea how much it costs to have it done but I bought the custom coat kit that comes with the spray gun. Came with enough material to coat the bed twice. It was $110 + the cost of some scotch brite pads and some thinner to clean the bed with. Prep of the bed is the absolute key to a good job. Took me about 2hrs with the pads to rough up the bed then wiped it down with thinner twice. Just have to make sure the paint in the bed has all of the shine scuffed off. Spraying on is easy. I did mine about two years ago. No chips in it so far and I take loads of brake rotors and scrap metal from my shop to the junkyard in it about every six weeks and have put dents in the bed and still no chips. I'm very happy. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested

Thanks for the reply,  They sell a Paint prep that dulls the finish Lowes has it Don't know if it works on Clear Coat Hope you wore gloves Bill 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I've had all types bed liners over the 7 pick ups I have owned. (Rubber mat, plastic, full bed rug, spray on "factory Ram" and bed rug mat). My favorite was the spray on with bed rug mat. Found things would slide around too much on spray on alone ad did a number on my Knees when I climbed up into bed with shorts on. The bed rug mat keeps things in place and is nice to sit on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Same here, always had drop ins, it was nice to slide things in but they just kept sliding.  New F150 came with a factory spray in, like way better.  

Edited by DonT