IGNORED

The end of the winter

I work along the barrier island and the first osprey I see has always been the official indicator that spring is here.

But I haven't seen one yet. Great post! [up]

You should see one soon. I am reading reports of Osprey arriving at their normal nesting areas from Cape may all the way to Raritan bay.

Thanks

Did you take all the photos?

I fish from South Amboy to Keyport. Union Beach.Monmouth Cove,  Port Monmouth. Earl. Might catch up some day. Never fished the fresh water lakes in those areas

Mirror Lake I see people hike in from Rt36 by Used Car lot what are they targeting. ?

Yes

I don't fish this lake is loaded with giant snappers:-)

Nice pictures

135002548.dKJZ32WG.IMG_0034_4.jpg

You should see one soon. I am reading reports of Osprey arriving at their normal nesting areas from Cape may all the way to Raritan bay.

Thanks

There used to be a giant nest on a radio tower at the end of Mantoloking rd in brick. Not sure if hurricane Sandy blew it down or the people that own the tower took it down. I'm thinking the later and they did something to keep them from rebuilding it. Because It was the best spot in town and the nest had been there for as long as I could remember.

Yes

I don't fish this lake is loaded with giant snappers:-)

Nice pictures

135002548.dKJZ32WG.IMG_0034_4.jpg

Used to be a market for them when I was kid would get $5.one. Fishing and crabbing Compton Creek Belford would catch Giant ones. Anything on stripers near you ?

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Used to be a market for them when I was kid would get $5.one. Fishing and crabbing Compton Creek Belford would catch Giant ones. Anything on stripers near you ?

I don't see too many people fishing the beach yet and I didn't hear anything yet. In a week or so they will be shoulder to shoulder.

Such great pictures Lunatic.  The turtle is great.    :up:  :up:

Thanks

I live on a lake loaded with them. I see them take down a duck and even an egret. I had geese and swans nesting on the lake and in 27 years only one bird survived. Everything else gets eaten by the snappers

60993615_vnbMg9O4_zolw3.jpg

113259411_oyltqsZc_IMG_0457_2.jpg

they even eat each other

115521293_aKLJao8m_IMG_2694_2.jpg