IGNORED

How many shoot 6 bucks a year?

TDietz

So..............  If its legal to do so, a hunter who might have different beliefs and/or goals should modify the way he/she hunts so that another hunter is "made happy"?  Did I read that correctly?

That's not what I took from that statement.

Here's a possible scenario: opening day of 6 day, a small buck walks in range of an experienced hunter with a lot of deer to his credit. The buck is headed off property where awaits a first time hunter. Or anybody for that matter. Does experienced hunter shoot buck just because he can? or let him go knowing buck is going right to another guy?

A lot of trout fisherman release their catch so others can be "made happy" instead of killing their limits.

It's a personal decision. DV1 is giving his opinion that the 6 buck limit is too high. Personally, I would get way more pleasure seeing someone else, especially someone that hasn't been in on a lot of kills, shoot the little buck. So to answer your question, I think there are people that should at least rethink their beliefs/goals because ultimately we are all in this together. The state owns the deer while on the hoof, hunters don't take possession until it's dead.

without me, my rifle is nothing

The opinions are all over the place on this one.  Like it or not limits are set to manage the number of deer the NJDFAG feels is necessary for any given area has again like it or not or agree or not. Each and every hunter has different objectives from the Newbie to the Ardent hunter.  the choices made are their personal ones.

Mine went from taking advantage of what came around to limiting how many I harvested for personal use and sharing or donating.

As mentioned releasing fish NJ Stocked Trout have no taste as far as I am Concerned. compared to wild ones. So I release them or offer a few to someone not having any luck nearby. Salt Water 90% is Catch and Release. 

I have a hard time putting someone down for keeping a Limit of Fish or Size of deer of either sex within legal bounds. 

Again my opinion there is more Slob Fisherman than Hunters. Many Years ago NJDFAG in the hunting guide had a section called Violators listed all the lawbreakers for the past year if you got a summons your name would appear. ------ do you think it should be back and do you think there were more violators back then or now??

That said my Freezer is empty :praying:    

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

So..............  If its legal to do so, a hunter who might have different beliefs and/or goals should modify the way he/she hunts so that another hunter is "made happy"?  Did I read that correctly?

No, I'm saying it shouldn't be legal to keep on killing them because, obviously, if it is legal, people will keep killing them. 

It's funny how people who oppose antler restrictions and such say that those who are "trophy" hunters shouldn't be pushing their hunting goals or beliefs on those who don't want to hunt for big antlers yet, those same people supporting multiple tags, no restrictions and long seasons, they are forcing their beliefs on those who favor more conservative regs, that produce more mature bucks. Fact is, everyone would benefit from more conservative regs, except the greedy who want to kill whatever they want, as many as they want, for as long as they want. They are the ones the Division and F&G Council are pandering to right now, yet those asking for change are often characterized as greedy. Seems backwards to me that people who want fewer tags and shorter seasons are called greedy but hey, that's the world we live in any more...upside down and backwards.  

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The opinions are all over the place on this one. Like it or not limits are set to manage the number of deer the NJDFAG feels is necessary for any given area has again like it or not or agree or not. Each and every hunter has different objectives from the Newbie to the Ardent hunter. the choices made are their personal ones.

Mine went from taking advantage of what came around to limiting how many I harvested for personal use and sharing or donating.

As mentioned releasing fish NJ Stocked Trout have no taste as far as I am Concerned. compared to wild ones. So I release them or offer a few to someone not having any luck nearby. Salt Water 90% is Catch and Release.

I have a hard time putting someone down for keeping a Limit of Fish or Size of deer of either sex within legal bounds.

Again my opinion there is more Slob Fisherman than Hunters. Many Years ago NJDFAG in the hunting guide had a section called Violators listed all the lawbreakers for the past year if you got a summons your name would appear. ------ do you think it should be back and do you think there were more violators back then or now??

That said my Freezer is empty :praying:

I dispute everything you say alot of fishmerman are more for the environment there's more idiots hunting now then ever fish and game set the regs but hunters have to make the decision and yea I see alot of threads where guys talk about cutting this season and doing this but the same ones are still blasting away from Sept to Feb... Edited by smoking gun

I dispute everything you say alot of fishmerman are more for the environment there's more idiots hunting now then ever fish and game set the regs but hunters have to make the decision and yea I see alot of threads where guys talk about cutting this season and doing this but the same ones are still blasting away from Sept to Feb...

Just as you have been about this thread  :up:

Your opinion, or based on biological / ecological science?

Deer are born at an almost perfect ratio of 1 buck to 1 doe. I haven't kept up with all the latest studies, but a few years ago biologists felt that a 2 does to 1 buck was about as good as could be expected anywhere. In my neck of the woods I would estimate it to be about 8 does to 1 buck, back in the 80's it was probably closer to 20:1. Springtime before fawns drop numbers. Button buck is counted as a buck.

without me, my rifle is nothing

Play nice gents - this is not NJH....  This post stayed on topic and civil for the most part. You know damn well it would NOT somewhere else.

Thank you members on the most part can post opinions and have a cive discussion If one disigrees be civil and prove your points to simply attack serves no porpose. 

true but you've been taking jabs here and there at me since you got on here so that's my point

Nothing intened did not see it that way if I disager or agree still it is only my opinion, with no Threats  or Name calling if you do not agrree post your opinion show my misstakes, point out one post where I Jabbed you.  :up:

these threads are great alot of guys I seen on the other site and this one always talk about deer numbers or griping but continue to blast away hahaha it's hilarious it really is.who the hell needs to shoot 5 6 7 plus deer a year

Could it be this one where I only state NJDFAG data Facts. or Gripping which i do not do. continue the blast away ?? Repoting on subject is Balasting away.

in more tahn60 years of Hunting there have been changes in all Data but the same complaing continues. I jus trired to add common sence along with opinions. with your over 2000 posts seems you have some opinions also.  sorry you feel I was jabbing you and only you. 

I dispute everything you say alot of fishmerman are more for the environment there's more idiots hunting now then ever fish and game set the regs but hunters have to make the decision and yea I see alot of threads where guys talk about cutting this season and doing this but the same ones are still blasting away from Sept to Feb...

Since their are more fiserman than hunters by far more violations are given out to them that hunters especialy to The Buctket Sitters