IGNORED

Fluke setups(rod and reels)

Woodrufflou

Wow, rocket launcher lived up to it's name!!! :eek:

You looking for conventional or spinning?

Just looking to hear what everyone is using this year. A lot of the guys who are bucktailing are very innovative and may be fishing with something I've never heard of 

btw, the rod I lost was a Lamiglas spinning rod. Has a carbon fiber handle, so it probably just slipped right out.  - http://www.lamiglas.com/?page_id=332

I've been using the Shimano Teramar West Coast casting rod with an Avet SX MC and Fireline Crystal the last couple years.

Great combo, but it appears Shimano redesigned their rods...now they are foam grips, before they were cork.

Here is their line of Inshore rods, despite the URL saying offshore.html

http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fish/en/home/products/fishing-rods/offshore.html

Closest to what I have is the West Coast TMCX711HBRA.

What I like about the West Coast is the Extra Fast tip and Heavy action, suitable for 1-4oz. Heaviest rating for bucktailing.

Great rod for flipping bunker for stripers too! :up:

TeramaWCCastingInshore_1880x800_v1_m5657

I do a ton of light line small weight buck tailing in the back bays. Had a great season on my custom bucktails. I use 8 lb test with 1/2 to 1 1/2 bucktails in the bay bay. skinny water mostly. I like to use sensitive rods with slim baitcasting gear and fish as verticle as possible.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

I do a ton of light line small weight buck tailing in the back bays. Had a great season on my custom bucktails. I use 8 lb test with 1/2 to 1 1/2 bucktails in the bay bay. skinny water mostly. I like to use sensitive rods with slim baitcasting gear and fish as verticle as possible.

It appears im going to be doing more bay fluking myself this year between the pier and Barnegat bay. Luckily I  already a few light setups I have a  Gloomis and Quantam cabo combo that I love..

Dan, how is that Nano? Never used it before...pretty strong? Line ratings pretty accurate? That's one thing I always liked about the Fireline Crystal is that it's much stronger than the listed strength.

The Nano is crazy strong as well as being very very thin/ I have been using it 2 seasons now and like it alot.

I also like the fireline crystal. but the nano seems to stay less abraided over time than the crystal gets a little fuzzy

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

The Nano is crazy strong as well as being very very thin/ I have been using it 2 seasons now and like it alot.

I also like the fireline crystal. but the nano seems to stay less abraided over time than the crystal gets a little fuzzy

Ah very cool Dan! I will have to check that stuff out. I agree 100% the Fireline Crystal seems to be great to start but breaks down, softens up and frays after just moderate use. Last few years been seeing some breaks that shouldn't be happening. Maybe it's not being made the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...