IGNORED

Fluke setups(rod and reels)

Woodrufflou

The sky is the limit but a decent rod and reel you can probley spend 200 bucks and have something that will last ya.A tsunami rod and a shimano cardiff 400 reel should be in that price range.I like a rod rated 15 to 30 line and a reel that can hold 200 yards of braid.That setup should cover you up to 6 oz bucktails.

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

St Croix Avid with a Quantum Cabo PT (upgrading to a JM Arrester 630 this season) for bucktails up to 3 oz

Shimano Talavera NE Specialty with an Avet MX 5.3 for buckails from 4oz - 8oz

Was using a Shimano Compre Musky rod for heavy bucktails, but the Talavera NE Specialty seems to work the jig with much better action.

I've been all over the place with setups over the last year and still can't stop myself from experimenting with new stuff lol

Last season I started with my Lami Inshore classics and Avet Sx and MX reels. From there I moved over to Tsunami Air Waves with Penn International 955s. After that I went to two Kevin Bogan customs and added an International 965. From there I went to Fenwick IM7s and moved over the Internationals. Last week I picked up a gorgeous new Shimano Terez in 30-50 and plan to pick up an Avet Sx Two speed Raptor this weekend. Oh yeah, I just got a new Fin-nor Marquesa 2 speed to throw on my Seeker Blue Lightening for jumbo biscuits lol. I'm a total mess and I think I need an intervention lol.

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

I've been all over the place with setups over the last year and still can't stop myself from experimenting with new stuff lol

Im the same way.. I must have 10 diffrent set ups and im still not 100% happy.. Its funny, for stripers I have a couple of lami tri flex spiral wraps paired with a canyon 15 and Avex MJX and Im perfectly happy.. My tog set ups Im fine with too.. For whatever reason I just cant find that perfect fluke set up for all the diffrent situations.. Light bay, heavy deep ocean sticky stuff.. Light bucktails.. lots of current, heavy bucktail... Lots of variables, at least im having fun looking for those perfect set ups..

Im the same way.. I must have 10 diffrent set ups and im still not 100% happy.. Its funny' date=' for stripers I have a couple of lami tri flex spiral wraps paired with a canyon 15 and Avex MJX and Im perfectly happy.. My tog set ups Im fine with too.. For whatever reason I just cant find that perfect fluke set up for all the diffrent situations.. Light bay, heavy deep ocean sticky stuff.. Light bucktails.. lots of current, heavy bucktail... Lots of variables, at least im having fun looking for those perfect set ups..

[/quote']

same here until I went to my current set up. The Lexa 300 is a compact winch, with double the drag of most round conventionals.

The balistic blank puts a beating on big fluke yet a small fish feels the same .

fishes everything from 1 OZ to 8 OZ with 15 pound braid.

and was able to fish a 10 but was light for that.

IF they come out with this rod in a full cork handle as I have been told, you will see this rod on many boats this summer

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/