IGNORED

Respect some people Don’t care

20gauge

As long as he tagged them in he can keep hunnting and shoot unlimited does per day in many zones

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Depends what you mean by "Tag them"? I guess he can call in while in the stand and keep hunting without actually tagging them? But how would he now they were down to actually call in, without coming down and verifying? PSEhunter said  two went down 200 yards away under his stand.

Anyway, can you just call in, if you see your deer down, without physically tagging the deer, and then keep on hunting? I really don't know.

So he didn't get out of his stand for 4 hours after he shot them . So he was shooting one and calling it in on his phone from his stand and shooting and calling and shooting and calling ? Really !

I think allowed 2 at a time before calling in.. so maybe he shot momma.. dropped in sight, called it in, then shot both fawns when they came back looking for her? Idk. It's possible.

I don't know the rules on slaughtering herds because I don't believe in doing it st my age..so i dont need to know the laws of doing it.. all I need to know is I can shoot 1 if I want.

"Am I missing something here ? You said he shot 3 does - since when can you shoot 3 deer in a day ?"

:hmmmer: ​... The best part of Opening day is there's always going to be a riddle to solve...

The guy shot 3 deer in a row.. It's legal as long as he " tags" each kill before the next.. Is calling it in considered a legal tag? .. Did he actually call them in ?.. They talked for a few before he set off to drag his deer out.. All three of them.. Quite a task for even the most athletic of hunters...

I call BS on the whole story..., :whatever: 

:D

Really 6:45 It’s kind a late to be walking in the woods

Welcome to deer hunting in NJ. He could have pushed a deer to you and then you would have thanked him. Hunting in NJ is what it is. You have to grin and bear it. Your experience is why I did not even bother going out and went to work today.

I think allowed 2 at a time before calling in.. so maybe he shot momma.. dropped in sight, called it in, then shot both fawns when they came back looking for her? Idk. It's possible.

I don't know the rules on slaughtering herds because I don't believe in doing it st my age..so i dont need to know the laws of doing it.. all I need to know is I can shoot 1 if I want.

You are correct.  In certain unlimited antlerless zones, you may harvest two at a time before calling them in (I was just reading reg. set #8).  And if you have your phone on stand, you can shoot a pile of them during legal hunting hours and gather them up on your way out.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Or maybe he went to his spot and someone else was there.

Or maybe he went to his spot and his stuff was stolen

Or maybe the fog delayed his long commute.

Or maybe he had to take a mean sh*t and got a late start

Or maybe he likes to stalk/ still hunt and has every right to

Or maybe he was making a drive to his buddys.

Or maybe he was lost

Or maybe he was hesitant to walk though state land with all the fog, so waited for it to clear up so he can safely walk through without being shot on accident.

Or maybe he was an asahole and was following your markers to ruin your hunt

Who knows.

Public land he did the nice thing and left you alone when he saw you.

Jay was that you going there????????????? :hmmmer:  :laughing:

If you are someone who really likes to hunt deer, you don't go out during 6 day firearm season. That's the honest truth. 6 day brings out the absolute worst of everyone and anyone and his best friend's uncle. If you haven't seen it stay tuned, it's coming, just stay put for most of the day. If you are on private land you will get to play trespass cop and if you are on state or federal land well? the sky is the limit.  I hunt state land and after 6 day it's like cleaning up after a bunch of teens that just came home for Christmas vacation. There will be pink and orange ribbon through the trees so some As%hole doesn't get lost( how do you get lost in NJ???) there will be cigarette butts, toilet paper, whiskey bottles, heat pak wrappers and anything else left out because people don't give a sh%t about the place except for the moment they are there. You almost feel sorry for anything that lives in the woods. This is NJ's big money maker so, have at it only 4 days to go.........