IGNORED

A Good Opening Day. But,....

Tarhunt

My son and I got into our ground blinds this afternoon around 3:30pm. I started to see deer after about 30 minutes. I had several deer within 35 yards but, they were does with yearlings and I wasn't planning on shooting them. I watched over the next several hours small bucks and big does come in but, either could not get a clear shot or they had yearlings with them. Finally, around 6:35pm, I had a spike and two large does come in with him at 35 yards. I shot the closest doe and watched the arrow go through her. She ran about 40 yards and then laid down. I waited for 30 minutes and I then saw her try to get up. I gave her some more time and then, she got up and walked into the woods. I got out of my blinds and found my arrow. It had blood and stomach material. So, I decided to back out and I'm going back early tomorrow morning to look for her. I don't think that she went far. I'll report back tomorrow.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Hope you got a lot of liver - she won't last the night. Usually when they lay down that short of distance - it most likely is liver which is common to get some gut in that area too. Good luck. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I did see about 30 deer tonight including, one of the biggest 4 pointers that I have ever seen. I mentioned it to the farmer and he said that he did a double take when he saw him. He's got about a 20 inch inside spread and I'm not kidding. I was watching him for about 30 minutes with my binos.

Good luck, at least i the temps are in the 50's tonight. Is this the property with all those yotes.

Yes. A 6 pointer was hit by a car the other night and had to be put down by a police officer and the farmer used a tractor and put the buck in his farm dump. So, I'm hoping all of the coyotes will be feeding on him and not on my doe.