IGNORED

Truck Battery....What's Good?

BHC

Their  video shows the yellow top can be used in vehicles that require more battery charges needed due to extra electronics drain from using electronic devices or winches etc.

or that you normally exceed the out put of your alternator .

with a normal truck IMO that isn’t needed . A good starting battery with high cranking power is best suited

deep cycle batteries are designed for it to be ok to constantly drain down the batteries to dead and still be able to repetitively be recharged .

your truck starting battery is kept up to voltage immediately by your alternator .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I have a 2001 Tundra with 160k miles on it....mine needs a battery too....because it's so corroded, you can barley see what kind of battery it is....it's been like this for years.....and I don't ever remember getting a new battery, mind you I got the truck in 2006.....is it possible for a battery to last 12 years!?!?  

Btw......after scraping away some corrosion.....i could it's a Die Hard. 

I definitely need to get a new battery soon!

Are Die Hards still available?  Our local Sears closed. May end up w an Interstate from Costco

Do as you want there is more to just replacing a battery. The right way with the right one.

axleaddict.com/auto-repair/choosing a-car battery -guide  

With the investment of thousands of Dollars, the battery is the Cheapest replacement.

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Interstate has always been good to me. I read an article somewhere that said that Interstate is the only battery manufacturer that uses virgin materials. All the others use recycled materials. Not sure how true it is.

1 hour ago, NONTYPICAL said:

Optima went downhill after moving to Mexico and using recycled lead. I've had very good luck with sears diehard AGM. 

20180601_195259.jpg

Not trying to pick on you but that seems to be what "people are saying" but I don't actually know a person who has had an issue with any of their Optima batteries.  Mine is 5 years old and still cranking strong too.  Seems like a big scandal started by a rival battery company.  Lol

Edited by not on the rug

So I went to order the Bosch battery online so it would be waiting for me when I bring in my truck, twice my order was cancelled, PepBoys had no idea why, but they had it the battery and placed it on the side for me, so I went over after work 15 mins later I was paying for it, they took another $20 off the bill cause of the cancelled order.....Got the battery for $95