IGNORED

What Reel

1957Buck

Just about any stocking foot breathable waders will work. Felt soles or Corkers wading shoes. Get the wading shoes one size larger than your normal shoe size.

Fly reels can be controversial. Some will say to get a real expensive one. I disagree.  I have been flyfishing for 40 years with a Pflueger Medalist. It is an inexpensive reel with a simple but effective drag system. I don't think they make it anymore, for that matter I don't think Pflueger is still in business. ( If you ever saw the movie "A River Runs Through It", it takes place in the 1920's, the Brad Pitt character fly fishes with a Pflueger Medalist)These reels can often be found at garage sales. I often check out garage sales for Medalist parts. I have about five spools for mine with different line. The downside to these old reels is changing spools is somewhat difficult while with a modern reel it is effortless. I also have a Phish-n-Fun reel on my 4wt rod. This is relatively inexpensive and works fine. I think it was less than$100 on Amazon. 

Edited by 230jhp

4 hours ago, 230jhp said:

Just about any stocking foot breathable waders will work. Felt soles or Corkers wading shoes. Get the wading shoes one size larger than your normal shoe size.

Fly reels can be controversial. Some will say to get a real expensive one. I disagree.  I have been flyfishing for 40 years with a Pflueger Medalist. It is an inexpensive reel with a simple but effective drag system. I don't think they make it anymore, for that matter I don't think Pflueger is still in business. ( If you ever saw the movie "A River Runs Through It", it takes place in the 1920's, the Brad Pitt character fly fishes with a Pflueger Medalist)These reels can often be found at garage sales. I often check out garage sales for Medalist parts. I have about five spools for mine with different line. The downside to these old reels is changing spools is somewhat difficult while with a modern reel it is effortless. I also have a Phish-n-Fun reel on my 4wt rod. This is relatively inexpensive and works fine. I think it was less than$100 on Amazon. 

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I like the waist high boot foot waders.I always seem to step in a hole and get wet with the regular hip boots. Get a large arbor fly reel. check out e-bay.

Good Luc

I know it isn't clear, due to absence of punctuation, but I don't think he is asking. He is being funny:up:

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

I know it isn't clear, due to absence of punctuation, but I don't think he is asking. He is being funny:up:

Yes, <  It is being On the fun Side. Blame Grammarly for punctuations.  I see you are doing Better with your spelling was starting to worry about you.  :stirring:

13511019_1093833080662460_1857926019664275455_n.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

9 minutes ago, toxo said:

I see.Its the Girl in the picture Fly Fishing.There a lot better pictures of girls fly fishing then that one out there!LOL

At 77 yo. she is not a Throw Back. Plus nothing wrong with your eyesight, I am Still Waiting for Glasses since my cataracts surgery on both eyes. just need a fine-tuning.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Not bad.She reminds me of a Guide I met in the Adirondacks. I got a big kick out of Her,she smoked a cigar!

Looks like she needs a line mending basket or to learn how to get the fish on the reel.

Edited by Dinger

43 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Yes, <  It is being On the fun Side. Blame Grammar for punctuations.  I see you are doing Better with your spelling was starting to worry about you.  :stirring:

You are ungrateful. Two members completely misunderstood your thread so I came to your rescue. A simple thank you would do:happywave:

Thank you RPK0620, for steering this post back on track where it needs to go...    As a mod - I have to say those are the sort of "post rescues" we appreciated most!    WELL DONE. 

Lunatic - you get 2nd place for the interpretation, but sorry RPK still wins. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

40 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Thank you RPK0620, for steering this post back on track where it needs to go...    As a mod - I have to say those are the sort of "post rescues" we appreciated most!    WELL DONE. 

Lunatic - you get 2nd place for the interpretation, but sorry RPK still wins. 

I agree:-)