IGNORED

Question bout bear hunting

Bone collector 85

Hunting a brushed in blind no stand

You would still need to be more than 300' from any bait if in a blind of any kind.  Just don't want anyone to get into any trouble.  My bow "stand" for bear is 22 yards from a bait barrel, but it is nothing more than sitting on one large rock behind a much larger boulder.  Mother Nature's natural blind, so legal to be closer than 100 yards from the bait.

I'm not going to be out for bear but I would think there would be a rule where if you were carrying a bear permit you wouldn't be allowed in a blind or stand over bait.  Seems like it would be to "easy" for some people to get away with it.  

If someone has a deer stand set up that they have been baiting and decides to go for bear.  Is simply sitting at the base of the tree that their stand is in enough?  I haven't gone through all the rules on this but if the state allowed hunters with bear permits to hunt anywhere near their stands, even if they were on the ground, wouldn't it be to "easy" or tempting just to shoot one from the stand itself and say they were on the ground.  I guess you could see the angle of the entrance and exit but this wouldn't be the case for a ground blind hunter.

I personally have a natural ground blind built for deer that I know gets bears when I bait with corn.  Is it simply enough to sit with the back to the ground blind structure or adjoining tree to be considered legal.  Short of the CO sitting with you it seems to easy for people to skirt the law unless something was set up to hinder this temptation.

Again, I am not looking to bear hunt but saw this post and got curious.

I'm not going to be out for bear but I would think there would be a rule where if you were carrying a bear permit you wouldn't be allowed in a blind or stand over bait.  Seems like it would be to "easy" for some people to get away with it.  

If someone has a deer stand set up that they have been baiting and decides to go for bear.  Is simply sitting at the base of the tree that their stand is in enough?  I haven't gone through all the rules on this but if the state allowed hunters with bear permits to hunt anywhere near their stands, even if they were on the ground, wouldn't it be to "easy" or tempting just to shoot one from the stand itself and say they were on the ground.  I guess you could see the angle of the entrance and exit but this wouldn't be the case for a ground blind hunter.

I personally have a natural ground blind built for deer that I know gets bears when I bait with corn.  Is it simply enough to sit with the back to the ground blind structure or adjoining tree to be considered legal.  Short of the CO sitting with you it seems to easy for people to skirt the law unless something was set up to hinder this temptation.

Again, I am not looking to bear hunt but saw this post and got curious.

The rules for hunting bears over bait are very clear.  No man-made blinds or stands of any kind unless the bait is more than 300' (100 yards) away.  But if Mother Nature built your stand or blind and you added nothing to that, it is perfectly legal to stand as close as you want to the bait.  My daughter and I are sitting between two huge boulders with the boulder in front of us the perfect height for her to rest her crossbow on it on top of a backpack.  Nothing was constructed and we will be sitting on foam hunting cushions.  I have my "Prudential stand" about 8 yards away which is a hole on top of a huge boulder, but I have logs and camo mesh to hide me when I deer hunt out of it, so we aren't using that stand.  I moved the bait barrel to within 22 yards of where we plan to sit next week which is an easy shot.  Keeping legal in big woods with giant boulders everywhere is easy, at least in my area.  I am both above and concealed just like if I were in a brushed in tree stand.

Short of being checked by a CO while on stand to see if you have a bear tag in your license holder, odds are that you are "on your honor" as far as hunting from an elevated stand near bait. But that's no different with gun season. If you are lacking in ethics so be it. But you still cheated. No different then guys cutting racks off road kill.