IGNORED

Who Will Be Baiting For Bears?

BHC

I will be baiting, I may start tomorrow, I just got permission to pick up Dounkin Donuts goodies everynight at 9:30pm, if I have enough tonight I will bait tomorrow.....If not then during the week, also starting Sunday I will be collecting old bread from the prison. I see as many bears as I do deer, every year during the archery season I have bears under me, I can see it now, I won't see any.... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Edited by BHC

I may.  I hope it cools off enough so I can sit some of my stands hunting deer to see where the bear action is.  If I can pin them down to where they are entering some cornfields I hunt near, then either no or maybe just a bit to sweeten things up a bit.  Either way, I won't start until a week, maybe ten days before the season starts.

I will be baiting, I may start tomorrow, I just got permission to pick up Dounkin Donuts goodies everynight at 9:30pm, if I have enough tonight I will bait tomorrow.....If not then during the week, also starting Sunday I will be collecting old bread from the prison. I see as many bears as I do deer, every year during the archery season I have bears under me, I can see it now, I won't see any.... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Best of luck BHC.  :up:

It would seem that I lost my Sparta spot. House was sold and I have not been able to get in contact with the new owners yet. With that being said, I have been Bear baiting a new spot for almost 3 weeks now. I started with the sweets, donuts, Cherry burst on the trees and nothing so I switched it up to sardines, a 5 gallon bucket of crab shells and guts, and fish heads hanging in pantyhose. Still nothing except for raccoons, one possum, one Fox, and a doe with her fawn. The odd thing is, a bear was seen 1/10 of a mile away in One Direction, and two bears were seen 3/10 of a mile away in another direction. Needless to say, so far I am very disappointed.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

It would seem that I lost my Sparta spot. House was sold and I have not been able to get in contact with the new owners yet. With that being said, I have been Bear baiting a new spot for almost 3 weeks now. I started with the sweets, donuts, Cherry burst on the trees and nothing so I switched it up to sardines, a 5 gallon bucket of crab shells and guts, and fish heads hanging in pantyhose. Still nothing except for raccoons, one possum, one Fox, and a doe with her fawn. The odd thing is, a bear was seen 1/10 of a mile away in One Direction, and two bears were seen 3/10 of a mile away in another direction. Needless to say, so far I am very disappointed.

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to pattern the bears in that area.  I assume you probably did that in your Sparta spot too.  Rumor has it that Rusty has a nice spot for bears that he's trying to get some folks into.  :)

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Rumor has it that Rusty has a nice spot for bears that he's trying to get some folks into.   :)

You heard that too?   :rofl:

Unfortunately so did a few others and someone else got here first.   :shakehead:  

Edited by Rusty

So went to D&D lastnight, the two young kids said they never got the information from the manager, so this morning I went to get my java and told him what happened, he shows me the note he left for all night crew to give me the leftover goodies.....Dumb A** kids....He said, he will take care of it starting tonight....

Edited by BHC

So went to D&D lastnight, the two young kids said they got the information from the manager, so this morning I went to get my java and told him what happened, he shows me the note he left for all night crew to give me the leftover goodies.....Dumb A** kids....He said, he will take care of it starting tonight....

That's a bummer, but at least you got it straightened out.