IGNORED

Who Will Be Baiting For Bears?

BHC

I still don't have a bear showing up at what should be an ideal spot.  I even made a "Drip Line" of bacon grease 175 yards out from my barrel heading toward the hard woods from the swamp I am set up in.  So, last night I made a Bear Bait Popcorn/Marshmallow Block.  Gonna hang it from a tree, hoping to get the scent farther out.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

I still don't have a bear showing up at what should be an ideal spot.  I even made a "Drip Line" of bacon grease 175 yards out from my barrel heading toward the hard woods from the swamp I am set up in.  So, last night I made a Bear Bait Popcorn/Marshmallow Block.  Gonna hang it from a tree, hoping to get the scent farther out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubnaAfz1NmA

I made one of those blocks a few years ago....wasn't worth it

We're sticking with simple corn and apples with some molasses tossed in at times.  Our bears found our bait barrel in less than a day and haven't left.  But that is normal for Sparta in fall.  That used to be the norm until about Thanksgiving when most bears disappeared into their dens before 6 Day.  Whole different game this October!  Our bears should be around all week long this year.  

We're sticking with simple corn and apples with some molasses tossed in at times.  Our bears found our bait barrel in less than a day and haven't left.  But that is normal for Sparta in fall.  That used to be the norm until about Thanksgiving when most bears disappeared into their dens before 6 Day.  Whole different game this October!  Our bears should be around all week long this year.

How right you are....everytime while bow hunting in October I see bears 1/2 of the times they are well within bow range