IGNORED

Chimney Guy (Updated 2/27/24)

Michael Britt

On 2/2/2024 at 6:29 PM, mike033089 said:

it could be possible your chimney blocks themselves need repointing.  what did the guy who did the new roof and flashing suggest?

They said they were going to put a sealant on the blocks.

As per the housing inspector's suggestion I got a stainless steel liner put in early on because apparently the terra cotta inside the chimney was not in great shape.

I'm beyond frustrated!

Edited by Michael Britt

Just because it was reflashed, doesn't mean it was done right. I would get up there and check for loose bricks and mortar. Get a mason to reset the brick and repoint the crown of the chimney. Have him check to see if the flashing was done correctly. Normally, a groove is cut into the mortar for the flashing to sit in. Maybe @3Blade can enlighten us.

Edited by electric10162

Update:

Mountain Chimney Sweep said I'm too far. They referred me to the National Chimney Sweep Guild, so I left a message with a place in Bridgewater.

Roofer came yesterday and said nothing jumps out at him. He put some more silicon on the apron and chimney block and said to look for more leakage next rain event. He said if it's leaking it's gotta be the chimney block.

Owning really sucks at times...

Edited by Michael Britt