IGNORED

ADK Ice fishing Trip

Mallard1100

1 hour ago, CapeCod said:

We had 4 days of SOLID safe ice that weekend if you knew where to go. This was my son’s own jigging productivity. Not even showing my bucket. The weather had them chewing their faces off. The fish chowder we made from this haul was absolutely 🤯!

IMG_0324.jpeg

Nice catch! Yes,safe ice was around for sure. To bad it didn’t last!

9 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

The Esox family all have a “Y” bone and you can’t fillet them in a traditional fashion.  But once you learn how, you will love eating them. 

I used to catch Pike yrs ago growin up in St. Lawrence County, upstate NY. LOTS of fun to catch, but not great to eat , as I recall.  I mean, theyre ok, but kinda fishy tasting; how you cook em?

I think I would love ice fishing . But I went through the ice twice as a kid . Second time I barely made it home . My clothes were froze solid from the mile walk , from playing hockey .

havent been on ice with water under it since 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

35 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I think I would love ice fishing . But I went through the ice twice as a kid . Second time I barely made it home . My clothes were froze solid from the mile walk , from playing hockey .

havent been on ice with water under it since 

It is a great time IF....you have a productive spot and there is at least 5 inches of good ice. No fun when concerned about ice thickness. Right now, few places in the entire Northeast with 5 inches of good ice. I love spending a Winter day ice fishing and grilling. I have a phenomenal spot, but tends to freeze last. Most will think this is an exaggeration, but I go through 5 dozen bait per day in my spot, ALWAYS. Hoping for the best, but doubt it

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

I used to catch Pike yrs ago growin up in St. Lawrence County, upstate NY. LOTS of fun to catch, but not great to eat , as I recall.  I mean, theyre ok, but kinda fishy tasting; how you cook em?

Deep fried in batter. They are delicious. 

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

The Esox family all have a “Y” bone and you can’t fillet them in a traditional fashion.  But once you learn how, you will love eating them. 

Agreed. The slime is a pain in the ass but cold water pike are delicious. Must fillet properly and you get five pieces of meat off a pike. Two tail filets, one of the top above spine and two along the sides down to the belly along the Y bone. 

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Love it up there, been vacationing up there for 20 years near Alex Bay.