IGNORED

Does anyone shoot these bullets?

Both are great choices. I've shot deer with both and had great results. I don't shoot the sabot sleeves they provide though. So don't dismiss the bullet if accuracy isn't great, try another sleeve with them. I'm currently shooting the SST with Harvester Crushed Rib sleeves. :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot the 250 grain SSTs. I think it'd be flatter shooting, never tried the 300 grain SSTs, but did try some other 300 grain bullets and narrowed down on those 250 SSTs being the most accurate out of those I tried. 100 yard accuracy is pretty much touching groups in the X. I'll take it to Ft Dix Range 14 at some point and try to stretch it's legs out to 240 to see what I get :)

These low drag rounds are the only Sabot rounds that I could get down my barrel with relative ease. They shoot great even after a couple rounds have been shot through the gun. I haven't lost any deer I shot with them.

Try a dab of bore butter on the sabot. It works wonders. It makes a big difference also keeping the barrel as clean as possible. I run a patch after every shot, a little bore butter, good to go.

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

Thank for all the advise. I'll give them a go. I'll start with 100gr of blackhorn and go from there.

I'm shooting powerbelt now and they're ok. They killed deer but blood trails aren't so great

this is the misconception guys get.bullets aren't made for blood trailing like a broadheads.the wider cutting surface on a broadhead is for massive blood loss being a arrow pierces flesh and muscle tissue a Bullet delivers energy mushrooms and hits with alot of weight behind it.ive never lost a deer with any muzzleloading projectile whether it was a round ball xtp or powerbelt if you hit them in the neck or behind shoulder no blood trail is required they'll drop within eyesight Edited by smoking gun

Nobody is expecting a broadheads typu blood trail but a little sumpin to follow int the briars would be nice.

idk man I've hunted with a smokestick for a long time and everyone I hit didn't make it 10 steps besides some I've missed.thats the cool part about muzzy you can work loads to what best suits your muzzy.whether patch and ball or the new fade in sabots they will all do their job

I shoot the XTP's but I don't purchase those over priced packages. I buy a 100 count box of the same XTP bullets that would be used for pistol reloading. I use "Harvester crush rib sabots purchased separately.  It is about 1/2 the price per shot and the crush rib sabots engage the rifling better plus they load easier.

I get the same or better accuracy as the overpriced 20 packs.

I do the same. The regular XTPs are fine, but the 300 XTP Mag didn't open well. It did shoot great groups. The Harvester Crush Rib sabots realty make the difference for me as far as accuracy.  

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thank for all the advise. I'll give them a go. I'll start with 100gr of blackhorn and go from there.

I'm shooting powerbelt now and they're ok. They killed deer but blood trails aren't so great

Blackhorn good, Powerbelts bad! You'll be better off with the XTP bullets.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Every gun is different, so experimentation with charge and bullet is pretty much a must.

My best accuracy and bullet performance came with Barnes 250 grain Spitfire T-EZ sabots and 90 grains of BH 209. They always pass-thru, so blood trail should be good (don't know since every deer has gone down in sight).

They also gave me the best accuracy in my Encore.

I have tried the SST's, but grouping was erratic, so they never made it to the line-up on game.

Edited by flat9999