IGNORED

Effects of Hunting and Habitat Losses

My yard over the 40 some years has seen rare sitings of wilid life had Gardens that sufferd only ground hog damge now and then. Developmet began in earnest (over devlopment) to be more on point, Deer began to showup in increasing numbers mostly in the fall chased from the reaming woods in the area during hunting seson that now is non existing, but for a few lots for Bow hunting is allowed. Road kills were frquent winters were harsher, Now the past 3 years the heards have incresed big time, I have motion Lights that are constantly lighting up. the deer have become so used to them and might even be attrating them as they bed down next to them, Driving and walking around the Hood deer are encoutered day and night and have lost fear of humans.  And on the trips the danage to Plants and schrubs is very obvious, Note as the deer have increased the Road kills have been less?????  In ending Monmouth County has become the Home of over population In Developments and Public Parks where the deer have become humanized like pets, Sandy hook is another issue of over population.  Think about it That Heard of some 15 deer next year after they deliver Fawns become a Herad of ???????????and that is just my area, 

Carols Garden 001.JPG

Yard Pruning 1.JPG

Foot prints in The Snow.JPG

qq.JPG

aaaaa.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

Heard 16 deer.JPG

For Pair.JPG

Post.jpg

Bedding Area.JPG

Yard Pruning 1.JPG

555.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

When is going to be the tipping point, if we haven't hit it yet? I know a buddy of mine lives in  Cherry Hill and in the beginning it's like "aww.. how cute" but pretty soon landscaping gets ruined, cars in their own development run into them, and the people get sick of them and want them gone. But yet hunting is a four-letter word in this state for most of the politicians and liberal voters... what do they say is the solution?

Cool pictures . I live in Monmouth County as well but I am seeing something completely different. I have a farm behind me that I take care of and I have never seen the herd so out of whack as it has gotten the past few years. I'm covered in bucks with a few does that trickle in from time to time and the amazing thing is that the bucks will tolerate each other all year, even during the rut. Just recently a mature doe and two fawns moved in, and they stay in their little corner in the clover plot every night.  A few of the properties close to me had some pretty significant EHD die offs last year and doe sightings were as never as lean as they were last year, but I have noticed that the does have been leaning out and more throughout the years and more bucks are moving in as full-time residents. There was a total of 18 deer in my clover and turnips last night with 15 of them being bucks (not one worth an arrow), a doe and two fawns. There is a tremendous amount of building going on around me lately and two of the larger woodlots are now developed with town houses. If anything, I figured I would see more does moving in and had hoped a few mature bucks would get pushed on but that never happened.  I'm thinking the bucks are keeping the does out of there because they probably get tired of the constant harassment.  

When I was a kid(im 26 now) I grew up in Morris county and we had so many deer in our suburbs it was insane. Every Saturday my dad and I would walk the property spraying plants with deer repellent. The deer would eat every last plant, they would even walk up the stairs to the front porch and eat the hanging flower pots. 

Sometime around 2009-2010 they all disappeared and never really came back( I assume EHD). I think ive seen about 5 at the house total in the last 3-4 years. IT used to be that many a day

1 hour ago, fish_hunter said:

Cool pictures . I live in Monmouth County as well but I am seeing something completely different. I have a farm behind me that I take care of and I have never seen the herd so out of whack as it has gotten the past few years. I'm covered in bucks with a few does that trickle in from time to time and the amazing thing is that the bucks will tolerate each other all year, even during the rut. Just recently a mature doe and two fawns moved in, and they stay in their little corner in the clover plot every night.  A few of the properties close to me had some pretty significant EHD die offs last year and doe sightings were as never as lean as they were last year, but I have noticed that the does have been leaning out and more throughout the years and more bucks are moving in as full-time residents. There was a total of 18 deer in my clover and turnips last night with 15 of them being bucks (not one worth an arrow), a doe and two fawns. There is a tremendous amount of building going on around me lately and two of the larger woodlots are now developed with town houses. If anything, I figured I would see more does moving in and had hoped a few mature bucks would get pushed on but that never happened.  I'm thinking the bucks are keeping the does out of there because they probably get tired of the constant harassment.  

I'm seeing more button buck fawns than doe fawns in my neck of the woods, actually I guess it used to be your neck of the woods also because I used to walk or ride my bicycle to Hamlen and Tates when they were in Art's chicken house, and I came up with the theory that maybe the little bucks were just a bit faster, a little bit stronger than the little girls and the big bad coyote, or bobcat, or bear, or eagle, or even foxes, is running them down and eating them. I just put a camera out for the first time in a couple years and I'm getting more antlered than antlerless. Over half the bucks are spikes.

without me, my rifle is nothing

2 hours ago, fish_hunter said:

Cool pictures . I live in Monmouth County as well but I am seeing something completely different. I have a farm behind me that I take care of and I have never seen the herd so out of whack as it has gotten the past few years. I'm covered in bucks with a few does that trickle in from time to time and the amazing thing is that the bucks will tolerate each other all year, even during the rut. 

I have identifed some 7 Bucks from Buttons to a mature 6 pointer & 10 pointer, and  most are Spikes and forks, I have seen one with his antlers into late march the one with last weeks snow were spike fork brothers that are Gay as I seen them mount more than once they  keep to thier selfs as the others will apear mixed in time to time,  in north western Monmouth Farms are now preserved fam lands Sod Pumpkins Rye but those areas are also completly differant as to populations and numbers Even the Old Marlboro hospital grounds now completly void of any fencing and structures Camp Arrow Head now controled by monmouth couanty Parks where hunting is allowed with Bow only,  

DSC_0004ssss.JPG

DSC_0002 1.JPG

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Can I sit in the shed with my bow?

1 hour ago, bucky said:

I could definitely help you out with that:up:

Do not think for one minute I have never entertained all That with my luck wounded it would run in every yard in my hood, And this one approches me up close and personal, I lost the means to harvets them anymore, 

DSC_0002.JPG

Edited by 1957Buck
Photo