IGNORED

Is today’s deer herd nutritionally more healthy than prior to pro baiting laws

Bonefreak

Just now, archer36 said:

You crack me up. So wanting to prove people wrong. This post is a stretch. A simple trail camera today is so much more technology that was available 30 years ago. Why do you keep insisting it's all the same. :down:

Your thr one that said it wasn't scientific data when in fact it was just not as advanced as today.  Than I gave you examples of how it could be just as accurate.  You are stuck on the fact that because computers aren't used to crunch numbers that it must not be accurate. 

Just now, vdep217 said:

Your thr one that said it wasn't scientific data when in fact it was just not as advanced as today.  Than I gave you examples of how it could be just as accurate.  You are stuck on the fact that because computers aren't used to crunch numbers that it must not be accurate. 

Listen I'm done. I know what I mean and don't put words in my mouth. Did the word "computers" ever show up in my posts??????

Once and for all. :happywave:

Just now, 3Blade said:

But I thought that when guys complain about not seeing many deer anymore in many areas that it’s just anecdotal  and they need to go in deeper or a different area? And we can’t trust todays hunters sightings or non sightings who hunt 5 months of the year and with thousands of trail cams but we are to trust what guys who hunted only a couple of weeks of the year  doing drives and looking for tracks🤔

My point was people and science were capable of extraordinary things well before computers and the like.  I'd say if they had people reporting tracks they see the population was pretty low.  There were other methods and when I find the letter I will post it

7 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Listen I'm done. I know what I mean and don't put words in my mouth. Did the word "computers" ever show up in my posts??????

You said it was not scientific data when in fact it was.  Just calling it how I see it. How can you question the data gathering capabilities without including computers .  If it was just a human it would be the same.

Not trying to prove anything either way but making sure all of the facts are in the conversation and debate

Edited by vdep217

24 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

“But I thought that when guys complain about not seeing many deer anymore in many areas that it’s just anecdotal  and they need to go in deeper or a different area? And we can’t trust todays hunters sightings or non sightings who hunt 5 months of the year and with thousands of trail cams”

but we are to trust what guys who hunted only a couple of weeks of the year  doing drives and looking for tracks🤔

I know you’re addressing the other posters on this comment, but I’ll throw in my two cents. 
Yes the first part of your statement is true, it is anecdotal, it’s not data in the true sense that you can use it for a large area conclusion. 
That being said, yes, you can use the same anecdotal method year after year on the same property and arrive at a comparative conclusion, but it would just be for that specific location, it wouldn’t apply to other areas, even close ones, just too many variables between properties, and it would have no bearing on the overall average for the county or state. 

The second part I’ll leave to the others. 😁

7 hours ago, archer36 said:

I see absolutely no effort from you to prove a well known fact wrong. You instead insist we back up our facts. Do your own homework and find out for yourself why you are incorrect. Ask why NJ had to import deer from Virginia to rebuild our deer herd for one. Look at distribution maps both historic and current for whitetail deer. This isn’t rocket science, and you’re dead wrong so far at every turn. 

1 minute ago, Bucksnbows said:

I see absolutely no effort from you to prove a well known fact wrong. You instead insist we back up our facts. Do your own homework and find out for yourself why you are incorrect. Ask why NJ had to import deer from Virginia to rebuild our deer herd for one. Look at distribution maps both historic and current for whitetail deer. This isn’t rocket science, and you’re dead wrong so far at every turn. 

He was called out and in usual firms insists he's done with the topic instead of trying to learn. 

Deer were also imported from Michigan and Illinois 

1 hour ago, Live to Hunt said:

Archer I have a question for you since you are pretty knowledgeable and I don’t think you are ever wrong. Do deer move while it is snowing?

Give it a try and let us know. 

As far as never being wrong, you have me confused with someone else that thinks that. ;)

Edited by archer36