IGNORED

It is sad what hunting has become.....are we our own worst enemies????

nmc02

5 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Most guys would think there is a P+Y behind every tree in Kansas. Obviously, there are not. :hmmmer:

There are , but you need to be on the correct side of the tree to see them 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

9 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Most guys would think there is a P+Y behind every tree in Kansas. Obviously, there are not. :hmmmer:

There might be one running around the farm, we have a few really big bucks. I don't have cameras set out, so I only know what I see.

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

There are , but you need to be on the correct side of the tree to see them 

I sure wish that was the case Sir, maybe in some areas but not here. Don't get me wrong, I have seen my share of big bucks in my area, just not lucky enough to get a shot at one yet. Hopefully my patience will pay off someday. 

I hope this isn't off topic, but I would like to have you guy's opinions on this. 

Baiting in Kansas is only legal on private land, that being said, KWDP wants to ban it to prevent to spread of CWD. We have a Senator or Congressman that owns a large hunting outfitter just outside of Topeka and he's against banning bait because it would lose the state a lot of out of state money. On one hand, I see his point, on the other, it seems as though he just wants to make sure his outfitters still makes money. He stated that nobody would want to come to Kansas if they couldn't kill a big deer. I don't bait, unless you count a mineral block that we don't hunt over. I have no issues what so ever with baiting. I kinda see this as the same thing we are talking about, are we our own worse enemy... Save the deer herd or pad your pockets. 

7 minutes ago, DonW said:

I hope this isn't off topic, but I would like to have you guy's opinions on this. 

Baiting in Kansas is only legal on private land, that being said, KWDP wants to ban it to prevent to spread of CWD. We have a Senator or Congressman that owns a large hunting outfitter just outside of Topeka and he's against banning bait because it would lose the state a lot of out of state money. On one hand, I see his point, on the other, it seems as though he just wants to make sure his outfitters still makes money. He stated that nobody would want to come to Kansas if they couldn't kill a big deer. I don't bait, unless you count a mineral block that we don't hunt over. I have no issues what so ever with baiting. I kinda see this as the same thing we are talking about, are we our own worse enemy... Save the deer herd or pad your pockets. 

Maybe start your own thread on this. I'm sure you will get pages of posts. :up: