IGNORED

Silver Trout

Nomad

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Caught this really Silver Trout tonight, gave a really good fight and did a lot of jumping. Very orange meat. I have not caught another trout like this in New Jersey ever I don’t think.   What’s the story?

IMG_7327.jpeg

IMG_7323.jpeg

It is possible it made it to the ocean and is sea rung or a steel head don't want you to spot burn but is it possible where u were fishing? 

Edited by vdep217

31 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It is possible it made it to the ocean and is sea rung or a steel head don't want you to spot burn but is it possible where u were fishing? 

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’ve caught a lot of steelhead in Michigan and it’s exactly what a fresh run fish looks like. River does flow into the Delaware.

42 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Somebody else just told me that it could be a kamloops rainbow trout stocked by a club.

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’ve caught a lot of steelhead in Michigan and it’s exactly what a fresh run fish looks like. River does flow into 

I know if the silver trout I caught made it to the sea and back it's the toughest SOB on this planet 😆 🤣. It would have survived big timber creek Delaware River Delaware Bay ocean and back again.