IGNORED

Salvaged the Day

OldPiney Woods

Several of the spots I planned on fishing today were blown out with high muddy water. Thought things would have been better by now from the weekend rain. Was going to pack it in, but decided to check out a small stream that usually does not have much fishable water. Today there was plenty of nice clear water from all the rain. Worked several sections picking up a fish here and there. Ended with 12 trout all on spinners including 15 and 14.5 inchers. The 15 incher came home for dinner cause he swallowed the spinner.

0116AD3A-4677-4EEB-B1C6-A117C56153ED.jpeg

E71F6BC6-8B48-42A6-9F9B-53C16481DA07.jpeg

BDD4436A-CA55-4AF5-BD8E-758248546F7F.jpeg

237BD1FB-B3BE-4F2D-8787-48826A6EE717.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Nice!  Lockatong?  Looks like a piece of water where we’re doing a restoration project next year. 

No not the Lockatong, but near there. That small stream with the funny name. I always lamented that it seemed a waste for the State to stock it because most of the time there is little fishable water, but today was a rare occasion when it was nice.

1 hour ago, OldPiney Woods said:

No not the Lockatong, but near there. That small stream with the funny name. I always lamented that it seemed a waste for the State to stock it because most of the time there is little fishable water, but today was a rare occasion when it was nice.

Those Hunterdon streams all look similar and all look “trouty”, but very few are.  Nice looking water